Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Sequoia is a mechanically sound vehicle for sure. It's a 10 year-old design though; one of the oldest designs in the auto industry still being built. And the interior was already dated the day it came out. Buying one of those right now would be a large compromise of utility versus just about everything else. IMO anyway.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all knew what you were buying when you all signed off on the Tahoe..Did the someone at the dealership have gun to your head making you sign off on the Tahoe?

The Tahoe is good for a family with no kids or maybe just one..With the third row down there is plenty of room for your gear.

If you needed more room you should have bought a Suburban or Yukon XL from the get-go..Instead you all come here to complain there is zero room in the back of the Hoe with the third row up and you should have bought a Expedition,Navigator,Seguoia or Amanda..You all knew those vehicles existed before you signed off on your Tahoe so you have zero reasons to complain..If I had 2 or more kids I would have bought a Suburban or Yukon XL.

Last I looked the Tahoe sales have been steady since 2011 and the Tahoe sales are better then all the vehicles that were mentioned here.
Stating facts isn't complaining. Also, I don't own (never have) a Tahoe. I own a 4Runner.

Also, the LWB isn't very friendly either because the 2nd row is stationary. The legroom isn't all that great with the driver seat back. Should be better in a vehcile that big. I was disappointed with my recent test-drive of an XL.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So some who bought the Tahoe did it because "it fit their needs" and so they won't look like "soccermoms".
Yet make it obvious that the current gen sucks and want and or hope the next gen has better 3rd row leg room and cargo space...when the long version is available for about the same price if not cheaper if you look around or wait until the end of they year. Umm ok

IMO...the only time the short version looks better than the long version is if they have 18 inch rims on it which you don't see very often.

I can see why you're getting confused.

This has nothing to do with the SWB or LWB. Even if you suck it up and go full grocery getter/uber driver with the suburban, the cargo space is bottom of its class and the third row seat remains terrible.

Stating these facts does not mean the vehicles 'suck' and it really shouldn't hurt anyones feelings. It simply means we hope GMC deals with issues that have plagued this platform for a while in the 20/21 iteration.

Seems like a reasonable discussion to have.

Serg-214

Reaction score
The short body has been the same since....well forever, not sure why people hope that it changes when the 3rd row has been pretty useless and the cargo has always been non-existent. I'm 5'11 and weigh 260 and fit perfectly and comfortable with room to spare in the third row in my XL. 2 more adults can fit back there with me easily. So that bottom of its class statement means nothing to me when it's the opposite for our family of 6.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have two Suburbans? I just saw your profile picture and it looks that way. If yes, are there any differences between the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only have one Suburban at a time (and 4 Ford Fusions). The one in the back is the 16 and the one in front is the 17. The picture was taken in the showroom. The salesman put both in the showroom for the delivery so that they could move my stuff from my trade to the new one without being in the rain.

Both trucks were virtually identical LS Suburbans with the following exceptions: (a) safety Package on the 17 and (b) Michelin tires vs Goodyear tires. And yes, the trade was clean enough that it looked like it was ready for delivery to another customer.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The short body has been the same since....well forever, not sure why people hope that it changes.

And all cars had crank starts ‘forever’ until nobody had them anymore.

All of the competitors have usable 3rd rows and more cargo room.

And so will GM in 2 years.

They listened.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bottom of its class statement means nothing to me when it's the opposite for our family of 6.

The third row in the SWB and LWB are worst in class. That’s just a stone cold fact.

If you like it that’s fine but that doesn’t change the fact that compared to its competition it’s terrible.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only have one Suburban at a time (and 4 Ford Fusions). The one in the back is the 16 and the one in front is the 17. The picture was taken in the showroom. The salesman put both in the showroom for the delivery so that they could move my stuff from my trade to the new one without being in the rain.

Both trucks were virtually identical LS Suburbans with the following exceptions: (a) safety Package on the 17 and (b) Michelin tires vs Goodyear tires. And yes, the trade was clean enough that it looked like it was ready for delivery to another customer.

Yes they definitely both look new. I’m curious why you traded in a 16 for a 17? We’re there issues with your 16 or was it the additional features in the 17 that you really wanted?

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't find the 3rd row to be unusable at all. I'm not putting linebackers back there, usually 13 year old girls. It's fine for what I use it for.

You could buy a passenger van - those have OUTSTANDING 3rd row utility.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't find the 3rd row to be unusable at all. I'm not putting linebackers back there, usually 13 year old girls. It's fine for what I use it for.

You could buy a passenger van - those have OUTSTANDING 3rd row utility.

LWB or SWB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n