Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, it’s a good business decision to invest in the future and technology. It can pay off huge dividends, especially now that cars are mostly software and computers.

GM’s stock (which obviously GM owners care about) just went up because analysts described GM as a huge investor in AV (autonomous vehicle) technology, and also EV (electric vehicles).

The market has spoken on this one. Could you imagine what would happen to the stock if GM instead announced that it wants to just keep building big gas guzzling engines the way it had been for the last century?

Ultimately GM is a business, and they will go to where the market takes them.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/gm...11190997?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there’s plenty of market for big motors. (Hence why these sell so well). I agree though investing in the future and environment is important......to an extent..... there will be a mix. Less than 2% of the market are econobox cars so if you really think that shoving those down our throats is good for business your dead wrong. There is zero demand for them here. Americans like bigger vehicles. Hybrid SUVs? Sure. Also cardude please point to the part of the bill of rights that grants you clean air????? Youll Be looking for the rest of your life.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there’s plenty of market for big motors. (Hence why these sell so well). I agree though investing in the future and environment is important......to an extent..... there will be a mix. Less than 2% of the market are econobox cars so if you really think that shoving those down our throats is good for business your dead wrong. There is zero demand for them here. Americans like bigger vehicles. Hybrid SUVs? Sure. Also cardude please point to the part of the bill of rights that grants you clean air????? Youll Be looking for the rest of your life.

I agree that Americans like big cars. But what I’m saying is that GM, Ford and others will keep making big cars but with newer and more efficient engines, that will be hybrid and may eventually be all electric.

There is news about this by both Ford and GM.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes. Americans love big cars. Our OMG subsidies have created incredibly cheap fuel in hte US marketplace (though we pay for it via those subsidies).

That said, out of the 17M car sales last year a large percentage of those were not full size SUV's or trucks. In fact, I believe full sized pickups 'only' made up around 2M of that...And its hard to say how many of those were for commercial use. About 1/2 of the top 20 cars in the US are small to mid sized cars like Hyundai, small fords and Toyotas. I dont think anyone is shoving anything down anyone's throat...Car companies wouldn't heavily market these high MPG low cost vehicles if there weren't a meaningful market for them.

As for the founding documents, I was obviously being tongue and cheek. With that said, the documents DO ensure that our elected officials have the power to protect our rights and give states broad power to (generally) ensure that their citizens are protected on a local level (which frankly is where much of todays environmental actions occur). A good federal example of this constitutionally bestowed power though is Nixons creation of the EPA. He really got the ball rolling.

Last edited:

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they still offer the hybrid Tahoe or no? I remember they were starting to make them a while back. Id bet that technology will be brought back soon because I haven’t seen much of them around so I’m assuming it was set aside for a bit.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they still offer the hybrid Tahoe or no? I remember they were starting to make them a while back. Id bet that technology will be brought back soon because I haven’t seen much of them around so I’m assuming it was set aside for a bit.

No hybrid in the US but I feel like I heard they kept exporting to EUR after they stopped selling here. Could be wrong on that.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you’re right, they set it aside for now. My neighbor has one but it’s the older model Tahoe.

Ford has been pretty successful going with the twin turbo V6. They’re cranking a lot of horse power and torque out of it. Also, BMW is now using turbo 4 cylinders in place of their old V6 in many models including the staple 5 series.

GM recently went the route of cylinder management (again) but they are so heavily invested in electric vehicle and hybrid technology that I wouldn’t be surprised if hybrids come back in a big way soon on their trucks.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’re right, they set it aside for now. My neighbor has one but it’s the older model Tahoe.

Ford has been pretty successful going with the twin turbo V6. They’re cranking a lot of horse power and torque out of it. Also, BMW is now using turbo 4 cylinders in place of their old V6 in many models including the staple 5 series.

GM recently went the route of cylinder management (again) but they are so heavily invested in electric vehicle and hybrid technology that I wouldn’t be surprised if hybrids come back in a big way soon on their trucks.

The old GM hybrid sucked. I literally think it netted about 1 or 2 additional MPG. Totally not worth it.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope the next generation redesign includes a total revamping of the 3rd row seat in the SWB version. Coming from a Lincoln Navigator I can honestly say that I am REALLY tempted to jump ship back to Ford just for that reason alone. The fact the the 3rd row is completely unusable is a joke.

I agree. It's worse than my 4Runner. This is the reason why we were looking at a LWB but really, I think the dimensions of a Sequoia, Armada, or new Expedition are more suitable for us. We don't need a LWB.

You all knew what you were buying when you all signed off on the Tahoe..Did the someone at the dealership have gun to your head making you sign off on the Tahoe?

The Tahoe is good for a family with no kids or maybe just one..With the third row down there is plenty of room for your gear.

If you needed more room you should have bought a Suburban or Yukon XL from the get-go..Instead you all come here to complain there is zero room in the back of the Hoe with the third row up and you should have bought a Expedition,Navigator,Seguoia or Amanda..You all knew those vehicles existed before you signed off on your Tahoe so you have zero reasons to complain..If I had 2 or more kids I would have bought a Suburban or Yukon XL.

Last I looked the Tahoe sales have been steady since 2011 and the Tahoe sales are better then all the vehicles that were mentioned here.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all knew what you were buying when you all signed off on the Tahoe..Did the someone at the dealership have gun to your head making you sign off on the Tahoe?

The Tahoe is good for a family with no kids or maybe just one..With the third row down there is plenty of room for your gear.

If you needed more room you should have bought a Suburban or Yukon XL from the get-go..Instead you all come here to complain there is zero room in the back of the Hoe with the third row up and you should have bought a Expedition,Navigator,Seguoia or Amanda..You all knew those vehicles existed before you signed off on your Tahoe so you have zero reasons to complain..If I had 2 or more kids I would have bought a Suburban or Yukon XL.

Last I looked the Tahoe sales have been steady since 2011 and the Tahoe sales are better then all the vehicles that were mentioned here.

Why are some people here so panicked when others say something negative about a GM product here? It’s a forum about these vehicles, good/bad/ugly.

The 3rd row sucks and the space behind it sucks in these things. Everyone knows that yet we all still bought them. Obviously people weighed the pros and cons and the pros won out.

Why can’t we talk about it and hope that it’s not as sucky in the 20/21 model year (you know, the thing this thread is about)?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is exactly why we bought our Suburbans. Had we been interested in the Ford Expedition, it would have been an Expedition EL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission