Full Roller Rocker Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
99Yuk

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL!

Rockers are about as simple as it gets...
Learn how to do this and save yourself alot of money as roller rockers need to be adjusted from time to time.

If you need more help, Contact me via PM and I can walk you through it over the phone.
Have you adjusted and done in aprox 45 mins..

Enjoy

Watch me

Watch me again

Watch me more

Hey man, thanks for the videos! It seems less scary now.
I couldn't help notice that those guys were not running a vortec head. Newb question here, Do you think the procedure is different for vortecs?

I may take you up on your offer of help!

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Rockers arms aren't goign to introduce valve float ... and a piston kissing a valve ... highy unlikely. and that is why you rotate it by hand ... my method you only rotate the engine once. It's simple but if you want to sell them throw up a price. :D

They seem to think that the going from 1.4 to 1.6 lift may cause me grief with the valves at high rpm? I'm not questioning your input because I see you building your own engine up, but just to be safe I'll ask anyways.

Your certain that 1.6 lift roller arms tightened by hand until the pushrods stop spinning by fingers won't cause a piston to hit the valve, even if the TDC was off by a little bit during install on stock Vortec heads?

Sorry the guys in my shop are making me paranoid about the install of these, but like most mods I've done so far, you guys have given me courage to takle things I would never have done before.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Damn, I was hoping you would get them installed so I could find out if the pushrods rub on the pushrod holes in the head.

Well, just wait.. It may happen yet.... I hope! :)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Actually you are supposed to turn them down a liitle more after the push rods can't turn freely without resistance by eliminating the slack. I am about to send money to another user for his comp cams 1.6 roller tip only arms. Ezdeer is convinced with a stock cam I will not have an issue and won't have to grind down anything down.

Last edited:

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for the videos! It seems less scary now.
I couldn't help notice that those guys were not running a vortec head. Newb question here, Do you think the procedure is different for vortecs?

I may take you up on your offer of help!

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

They seem to think that the going from 1.4 to 1.6 lift may cause me grief with the valves at high rpm? I'm not questioning your input because I see you building your own engine up, but just to be safe I'll ask anyways.

Your certain that 1.6 lift roller arms tightened by hand until the pushrods stop spinning by fingers won't cause a piston to hit the valve, even if the TDC was off by a little bit during install on stock Vortec heads?

Sorry the guys in my shop are making me paranoid about the install of these, but like most mods I've done so far, you guys have given me courage to takle things I would never have done before.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Well, just wait.. It may happen yet.... I hope! :)

I think stock is 1.5 so you are only going up to 1.6

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
comp said the factories are more like 1.4's and not so much 1.52's. At any rate The ones I might get from another user are comp cams 1418-16. Have to be absolutely sure these will fit on new replacements heads and not rub anything. Anyone else have input on it.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Going from 1.4 to 1.6 may cause issues, valve float will NOT be one of them.

You do NOT want to keep tightening till the pushrod stops you are looking for no vertical movement then you go 1/4 to 1/2 half turns past that depending on what you are comfortable with. The way I do it is 1/2 past for a street engine.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I kind of thought that. I will see if the guy has just 1.52 if not it might be better to pass on the sale of 1.6. He only wanted $55 for the whole set.

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the op is still doing this. But what ran into running the full roller rockers on the stock heads with pushed in studs is that the studs pulled out. I was running 1.6 as well. Never had a problem with the 1.6. Comp roller only tip ones.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked into the 1.6 and all my research showed that the slots on stock vortec heads for the pushrods need to be elongated. I have a set of full roller 1.5's from Scorpion i'm going to put in soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK