2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL-SOLD!!! Now work begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, if the check is local, I will go there. If I cannot cash there, I will go to my bank and deposit. Either way, the title is not gonna be signed over till the cash is in my hand. The truck is staying here anyway, till RA parts come in and I get all fluids changed and all parts installed. He is also paying me to inspect the brakes and drivetrain. I told him I did not get that far before my girl said a big fat NO to the truck. This is a very strange scenario.

1. I see the ad and ask about it by phone and am told a guy is coming the next day at noon to look and buy.
2. I show that night and drove it, inspected as best as could and made a cash deal.
3. The seller finds out about my qualifications and I have already done work on his 1999 GMC Yukon 4 door and he paid me cash.
4. I find out my girl does not want the truck.
5. I tell the seller and he says he has the other buyer's phone number.
6. The other buyer calls me and arranges to come today to look at and buy the truck.
7. We strike a deal for what I paid for the truck.
8. New buyer fins out my credentials because the original seller tells him.
9. He asks me to go over what I have found and fix it and complete inspection and fix that too.
10. I am a happy camper because I am also now gonna get the new title money, new keys and fobs money, full gas tank money and make more on top of that.

I asked the original seller, he was at my place today about his 99 Yukon for more work, if he has ever heard of a scenario like I just laid out. He said there can't have ever been this scenario anywhere in the US of A. I tend to believe him.
It's a weird scenario, but I'd totally do it if I were in their shoes and knew how good your work was. It's insanely difficult to find a decent mechanic, and I imagine it's even harder if you look like someone who could be fleeced.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I met the buyer at my house. He handed me the Cashier's Check for $11, 025. It came from the same bank I use and the same location. I went to the bank and got the $10k for the Denali and deposited the rest in checking for the parts I am getting at RA and AZ. The deal is done and now, tomorrow, the work on the Denali starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo