Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
97 GMC Yukon 4x4 died on me in front of my house. Went to crank it back up couldn't hear the fuel pump. Went in the house for about 15 min came back out turned the key and the fuel pump was working started right up . Anyone else ever had this problem

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Could it be the fuel pump? Sure, like @Doubeleive said. But, could be loss of ignition until the system cools and then restarts. Had you just backed out of the driveway after a cold start or were you just returning after a drive? Big difference in scenario's there. Basics first. When dead, does it have spark? Does it have fuel?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could it be the fuel pump? Sure, like @Doubeleive said. But, could be loss of ignition until the system cools and then restarts. Had you just backed out of the driveway after a cold start or were you just returning after a drive? Big difference in scenario's there. Basics first. When dead, does it have spark? Does it have fuel?
I'm thinking he has the typical fuel pump whine these develop over time and it's finally giving out, the smack test will tell you for sure.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IIRC, these are the fuel pumps that come with new electrical pigtails, since the OE connectors are prone to failure. I think the connectors on the fuel pumps have been redesigned. Might just be a connector issue.

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from drive

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from drive
Yes had fuel and the pump is allot lauder then normal. Sitting in truck right now and it started right up. There think is I don't want to get stuck so I'm afraid to drive any distance. Think I'll just change the pump today. Not looking forward to it but it has to be done

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo