Fuel gauge is more like a tilt gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
well you got to pay to play ;) i only get 250 to a tank all highway ;) them horses are thirsty. All 422 or more of them

Black_Rain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to install a new fuel pump, and the fuel gauge still does that. I get about 320 miles per tank.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I had to install a new fuel pump, and the fuel gauge still does that. I get about 320 miles per tank.

fuel gauge does what? the swaying of the needle when you go around turns and brake hard??? that has nothing to do with the fuel pump.. All that is, is when your gas in the HUGE tank it has, moves side to side because the baffles aren't doing a good enough job in there. Baffles are like little walls inside the gas tank that help the sending unit get a good reading to where your gas level actually is. if anything i would replace the sending unit and gave that a whirl, but i dont have 300 bucks to blow off something that works.

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel gauge does what? the swaying of the needle when you go around turns and brake hard??? that has nothing to do with the fuel pump.. All that is, is when your gas in the HUGE tank it has, moves side to side because the baffles aren't doing a good enough job in there. Baffles are like little walls inside the gas tank that help the sending unit get a good reading to where your gas level actually is. if anything i would replace the sending unit and gave that a whirl, but i dont have 300 bucks to blow off something that works.

While I'm not 100% positive, I do question weather its the fuel pump or not. I concede that it may not be the actual pump itself, but could be caused by the grounding strap off the fuel pump and gas tank assemble. A couple guys mentioned this on the old site. Mine starting doing this after replacing the fuel pump. Weather its a direct connection with doing it or just by chance is still up in the air since I have never attempted to fix it.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine fluctuates between a slow bounce, as if its dancing to the music, and a violent vibration, all depends on the level. My oil pressure gauge does the same thing though, so I think I may have a cluster issue....

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yea sounds like your cluster.. mine would do the real slow wave to me thing.. then i swapped out the gauge (individual ones) i have a ton of pics during the process if you want em.. or ill make a thread about replacing individual ones.. LMK

350VortecSSCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inside your tank is the fuel pump, big plastic thing with a spring and bolts and just random stuff connected to it...There you also have the sending unit but inside is like a bobber...nothing is electric except the fuel pump...I feel that if your gonna do a electric fuel pump, maybe electric gauge? hahaha, idk. Make sure everything is strapped down tight, becareful taking the fuel pump out, be gentle on the top of it or you'll have to change the sending unit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celu0