Fuel capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are you asking then?

You've never once in your life, filled that tank before? Have you ever calculated your MPG? have you ever googled "98 tahoe fuel tank capacity"?

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I fill it up 2-3 times a week I never really let it get past half a tank, but I never run down as low as I did today, (almost empty) Mpg won't tell me anything except what my mpg is, and really I don't care about that, I only care about how much gas my truck will hold. Yes I've googled it, that's why I'm wondering why my truck only took 19 gallons instead of 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So before you replaced the pump and sending unit...how much gas did it take?

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I've got a 99 (2wd 4dr), and my owner's manual states that the fuel capacity is 25gal. Not sure where you guys got the 30gal option from. Suburbans come with different options, 34 or 42 I think, but the 4dr Tahoes/Yukons came with 25gal tanks regardless of 2wd/4wd. The 2dr had the tank located at the bumper and possibly had a different capacity (never owned one so never investigated).

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I am replacing my pump in my 05 taho. I ran my tank into the red. Once the tank was out I emptied it to get all the shit out, I got 8 gallons on a tank that said empty. I didn't expect that. Possibly the gage is off a bit

99Vortec

Reaction score
I was under the impression that my 1998 GMC Yukon 4dr was supposed to have a 30 gallon fuel tank, but after running it to almost empty and filling it back up it only took 19 gallons. So what gives? Is there a trick to it or do I have a different option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trick is you are going to actually have to run it out of gas to test it. ;)
(I found my fuel gauge was innacurate along Interstate 80 near Travis AFB exit.)

(Resulting in a 5 mile walk to a gas station that was selling billion dollar powerball tickets...Sigh.)

Last edited:

99Vortec

Reaction score
Exactly. But once I got my tank back to the station, the 30 gallon capacity was verified... (Minus of course the 1 gallon added to get rolling again.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork