Frustrated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96AZhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Im new to the forum.
I have a 96 2wd 4dr tahoe with the 5.7 vortec.
Im having a issue I cant figure out.
Im getting a stumble or hessitation when at cruising speeds. Like a mis-fire.Also When I accelerate hard and let off suddenly it will backfire and set off the check engine light but only for a moment. Other than that theres no check engine light and there are no codes coming up on the scanner. It also slightly hesitates when up-shifting and sometimes back fires when up-shifting.This gets better after its been warmed up at idle for 10min or so and then driven 20-30 miles. Ive owned it for about 6000miles. I put a rebuilt 4l60e in it after puting roughly 900 miles on it. Which did not change/cure the upshift hesitation cruising speed stumble. Which leads me to believe it is not tranny related.Heres a list of new parts I've installed since the tranny install. All new parts.

Tps sensor
cap/rotor/plugs and wires
Universal joints front/back
Brake system flush
master cylinder
brake booster
Coolant system flush
heater core

Ive also cleaned my MAF sensor and all my intake tubing before the manifold. I was leaning toward the problem being. The upper intake manifold needs rebuilding? Also my exhaust pipes have massive leaks. Funds are pretty limited at the moment. So I would kinda rather not keep shooting in the dark. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Im new to the forum sorry if this is in the wrong place. Thanks Guys.

Resized_tempFileForShare_2016-09-30-17-56-571.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jacob!! Nice Tahoe!!

I will ask the mods to move it over to the 1991-1999 section.

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if your check engine light came on momentarily it should still show trouble codes. Check under "pending codes" and "freeze frame data" also, that should give you an idea of what the issue is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts