Front End Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcorbitt52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got both of mine swapped out yesterday right after work. MUCH better now. No noise! Except from my tires making a little more noise now because I cross rotated them. Problem solved!
Thanks to both of you for your responses. I had a very difficult time removing a stuck rotor. Ended up having to apply some heat along with a gear puller. One more question (actually two):

(1) When pulling the hub off the drive axle splines I am concerned I could have separated the inner CV joint components as I was not watching this closely as I pounded off the hub. Is there a way to test if the inner CV joint components are stilled intact without putting fully assembling the new hub and doing a test drive? I do not have a lift so I am only able to support the front of the Tahoe while working on this.
(2) how do you create a "new post". I'm a newbee and have sent a note to the administrators but have never gotten a response. Is there some sort of tutorial to follow that explains the workings of this forum?

Again, your responses have been much appreciated.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for your responses. I had a very difficult time removing a stuck rotor. Ended up having to apply some heat along with a gear puller. One more question (actually two):

(1) When pulling the hub off the drive axle splines I am concerned I could have separated the inner CV joint components as I was not watching this closely as I pounded off the hub. Is there a way to test if the inner CV joint components are stilled intact without putting fully assembling the new hub and doing a test drive? I do not have a lift so I am only able to support the front of the Tahoe while working on this.
(2) how do you create a "new post". I'm a newbee and have sent a note to the administrators but have never gotten a response. Is there some sort of tutorial to follow that explains the workings of this forum?

I do not think that it is very easy for those things to come apart, but I suppose it is possible. Can you tell if the CV boot has moved? If you pulled apart the CV joints, you would be able to see a new section of the actual shaft that was originally covered by the boot. I really think you are fine though.

OP
OP
David Smith

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score

In regards to a new posting, just click on "Forums" at the top left, and scroll on down until you see your year range and then pick a category. Click to correct category and you will see where you can create a new post.

mcorbitt52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

In regards to a new posting, just click on "Forums" at the top left, and scroll on down until you see your year range and then pick a category. Click to correct category and you will see where you can create a new post.

David, many thanks for both of your replies. You've been a great help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9