Front differential leaking AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EscaladeEXT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I am new here. I have a leaking front diff and was wondering if there is any info on how to replace the seals? axel seal? My escalade is the same as a Denali, so I am hoping there are some people here that can help. I have general mechaqnical knowledge and tools and am good and following directions, but have never messed with axels or gears before.

Thanks in advance!

Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it leaking from? For axle seals (at the CV interface) just pull everything out of the way and R&R.

The pinion seal is more involved since you have to remove the yoke. The problem will be during install since you will have removed the preload off of the crush sleeve and pinion bearings. You must get this right on install, and honestly, to do it right would be to take the diff out and measure the preload as you install the yoke. The crush sleeve isn't forgiving... just a smidgit too far and you will have to pull it and put a new one in and start over.

Screw up that preload and the pinion bearings will very likely expire quickly.