Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
08 Yukon 84k with cracked dash @ passenger air bag. Called GM, they had me drive to nearest GM dealer(chevy) to speak with service dept. Dealer replaced it with $100 "deductible", didn't have to wait on call from GM for approval.

Monday Chevy, Houston, TX.

Wow! Great customer service!

Too bad for me that Houston is a bit of a drive from NJ.....

strongz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Tahoe LT with 55k miles. Dash crack showed up last weekend to the right of the hump on the drivers side dash. Guess I will try the dealer.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will the GMPP (GM protection plan) cover the cracked dash?

they sent me a invoice, asking for ~$1300 or so for the GMPP...is it worth it to get it, since you KNOW the dash is going to crack at some point, if your roads are bad?

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of working with Chevy and the dealer on mine. The service manager is supposed to be calling me back and telling me about how much I will have to pay. I told the lady that called from chevy about someone on here just having theirs done for $100 deductible that was the same age as mine with about the same mileage and that that is what I expect to pay. She then went on to tell me that it's done on a case by case basis and it depends on if you are the original owner and what the service history looks like on the car. That doesn't seem right to me. This is my first ever chevy and you think they would want to make you happy so you would buy another one.

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I opened up a case with Chevy something like three weeks ago. Got a call week before last while I was at the beach telling me that they have been trying to contact the service manager at the dealership near me to no avail. She then told me to just take it in anytime last week because she left a message telling the Service manager that I was coming. Well I don't like just dropping in unannounced so I tried to contact the service manager and he finally called me back and said there is no need to bring it in just give me the vin and mileage and I will call you back with how much you will have to pay. He said it was all based on if you are the original owner and the service history which is *********. This is my first chevy, don't punish me because I bought a used one. You would think they would try to make me happy so I might buy another one. Anywho, never heard back last week. The girl from chevy calls me every other day asking have I heard anything and I tell her no and she says she will try and contact him again. I'll tell you what, Ford doesn't **** around like this at least they never have with me before.

Ahrgh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cracked dash - 2011 with 19k miles

Not looking forward to dealing with an obvious product issue.......

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I opened up a case with Chevy something like three weeks ago. Got a call week before last while I was at the beach telling me that they have been trying to contact the service manager at the dealership near me to no avail. She then told me to just take it in anytime last week because she left a message telling the Service manager that I was coming. Well I don't like just dropping in unannounced so I tried to contact the service manager and he finally called me back and said there is no need to bring it in just give me the vin and mileage and I will call you back with how much you will have to pay. He said it was all based on if you are the original owner and the service history which is *********. This is my first chevy, don't punish me because I bought a used one. You would think they would try to make me happy so I might buy another one. Anywho, never heard back last week. The girl from chevy calls me every other day asking have I heard anything and I tell her no and she says she will try and contact him again. I'll tell you what, Ford doesn't **** around like this at least they never have with me before.

Hello,

I'm do apologize that after we forwarded this case for further review that the process is taking an unusually long time. I am going to check into this on my end to see if there is any way I can help get this resolved.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM customer Care

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call back from Chevy. Apparently the whole bill is 1100 and they will cover half of that. I am not satisfied at all with this. It is a very common we'll known problem and it is not my fault at all. I do not understand why some people get it done for $100 and yet I am expected to pay $550. I am going to print out all of these threads and take them to my attorney and see if there is anything that he thinks we can do.

TTA579

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm do apologize that after we forwarded this case for further review that the process is taking an unusually long time. I am going to check into this on my end to see if there is any way I can help get this resolved.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM customer Care

How does one go about getting GM's approval for a discounted repair? My '07 has the dash crack and for all of my GM cars, this is supposed to be the nicest but has the cheapest appearing problem.

('08 Malibu with hybrid system problems)
('89 Firebird with it's-20-years-old problems)
('04 Sunfire was perfect until the day I sold it at 9-years-old)

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does one go about getting GM's approval for a discounted repair? My '07 has the dash crack and for all of my GM cars, this is supposed to be the nicest but has the cheapest appearing problem.

('08 Malibu with hybrid system problems)
('89 Firebird with it's-20-years-old problems)
('04 Sunfire was perfect until the day I sold it at 9-years-old)

Hey there,

I am deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into this for you. Private message me mentioning this tread with your full name, address, phone number, VIN, and exact mileage, I can get started with creating a case for you.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Car