Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubba_A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe, and have recently found a crack on the front dash. I was wondering if anybody else has had issues with the dash cracking for no apparent reason. By the way, it is on the back side of the top dash right behind the airbag cut out for the passenger.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Don't know why that would happen unless someone tried to remove that top dash trim peice and borke it in the process.
You could always just but that top dash trim peice only from www.gmpartsdirect.com and be good to go?
When I mean top dash trim peice their is a one pice that goes from the driver side to the passenger side behind the airbag that holds the DRL light sensor in the middle.

OP
OP
B

Bubba_A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking about doing, just do not know how to remove it. by the way, it is not the back section, it is the front section that runs the entire length of the dash and around the A/C vents and Stero.
Do you know how hard it is to remove and replace?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah changing that part would be pretty hard and ver expenive as it is a big peice.
Looks like you may have to leave it as is.....

skitch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe, and have recently found a crack on the front dash. I was wondering if anybody else has had issues with the dash cracking for no apparent reason. By the way, it is on the back side of the top dash right behind the airbag cut out for the passenger.

Yes...I just recently noticed a crack in my dash as well. It is just above the steering wheel to the right of the coutoured hump. I was looking online and also found another post from another Tahoe owner with a picture attached showing the same exact crack as mine. Manufacturing defect ? I have taken very good care of my Tahoe so I can't believe this has happened.

waynesoffroad

Reaction score
Yes...I just recently noticed a crack in my dash as well. It is just above the steering wheel to the right of the coutoured hump. I was looking online and also found another post from another Tahoe owner with a picture attached showing the same exact crack as mine. Manufacturing defect ? I have taken very good care of my Tahoe so I can't believe this has happened.

Mine also cracked almost at the same spot as yours. Mine is just on the left side of the hump. I bought it at Carmax and they are repairing it under there 30 day warrenty!

skitch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe Dash Crack !!!

Attached are pics of the crack in the dash of my 2007 Tahoe. I am convinced this is a manufacturer defect and am looking for anyone else that has noticed a similar crack in their dash. I have found others on the net that have the same crack in the same spot.

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 489

Thomas Pelfrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 yukon cracked dash

I have a 2007 yukon that has the same problem with cracking dash this should not happen on a 2 year old truck . im going to take it to the dealer to see what thay say

sbtessier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This past Sunday, I discovered the same issue with my 2007 Tahoe. It is at the dealership right now and they are denying coverage under manufactures warranty. Obviously, I'm not giving up so easy since I found this forum/post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE