Freaking ca roads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1dopeHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll go against comp, so you rates won't change. And how exactly is your insurance company screwing you? By giving you the option to pay on $500 for appears to be close to $2K in damage.

OP
OP
I

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ 1dopeHoe:

Naw i dont mean it like that i would be REALLY thankful if that was what i was getting. They are not giving this to me under comprehensive, they are marking this as a collision as the item hit the ground before flying up and hitting my car. That is what i meant, even though the object was airborne because it hit the ground first its collision which does raise my rates.

Ill take 500 any day of the week to get eveything fixed but the upped premiums are going to piss me off. :(

@phileaglefan

At this point with the insurance paying for it i want a new hood :) and maybe swap out to a new black grille.

Last edited:

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks to be a good size dent so more then likely theyre going to replace the hood and obviously the grill. Depending on your insurance company theyre more than likely going to use aftermarket parts and that will really piss you off!

LTZboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can lower your comprehensive to $0 deductible and it will not make your policy go up more than a few dollars a month. I have both my comp. and coll. at $0 deductibles.

Anything filled under Comp will not make your rates go up. That is why you always let someone hit you because if you swerve to miss the accident and you wreck it is collision then and your rates go up.

I would put my foot down and not let them file it as collision!! If the object was flying no matter how many times it hit the road it is a comp claim.

1dopeHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can lower your comprehensive to $0 deductible and it will not make your policy go up more than a few dollars a month. I have both my comp. and coll. at $0 deductibles.

Anything filled under Comp will not make your rates go up. That is why you always let someone hit you because if you swerve to miss the accident and you wreck it is collision then and your rates go up.

I would put my foot down and not let them file it as collision!! If the object was flying no matter how many times it hit the road it is a comp claim.

X2

I would fight it. It's a no fault accident here. This should definitely not be filed as collision.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely fight it. They can use non-OEM or even junkyard parts if they wish though to restore it to a "like new" condition.

And a collision is a collision, all that matters is who is at fault. This definitely sounds like comprehensive though. Have too many comp claims and they'll consider you "higher" risk though. Just have two broken windshields within a couple months and you'll find out.

OP
OP
I

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah after this whole thing i contacted my agent to see the cost of lowering my comp deductible to $100 or even $0. It comes out to freaking an extra $1.60 a month for $100 deductible or $2.10 a month for $0 Deductible. If i would have known it was this cheap then i would have been using that all along.

The funny thing is that i have Mercury and they are really good about using all OEM parts for fixing my cars previously.

The weird thing is everyone tells me if you have too many comp claims it will hurt you. In my 8 years as an insured motorist i have NEVER had a comp claim.

BTW Thanks for all of the advice on here, my dad is an attorney and he will be writing a letter to the insurance company on my behalf tomorrow. Hopefully we can get this all taken care of.

Last edited:

LTZboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Yup I found it out when I did a quote online to have $0 deductibles one time and saw it was so cheap. Lowered mine to $0 haven't had to use them yet, but will be glad when I have to.

Having your father write the letter is the way to go about it. Let us know what happens.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Dad's letter should take care of it.

Insurance companies won't tell you about how cheap a lower ded is. Basically, by going with a $500 over $100 you are saying you won't get a comp claim in over 200 months. I can tell you in 25 + years of driving, I'm not even close.

OP
OP
I

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They finally accepted it as a comp claim. I dropped it off today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15