Found new problems with AC resistors....possible fire hazard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend on my Chevrolet 3500 my AC suddenly stopped working. I took the panel off and checked the harness....came back on. While I was starting to put everything back together I noticed the smell of burning wires and started to see smoke. I pulled the wiring harness off, pulled the resistor out and it had started to melt. I went and bought a new one for the dually and a new blower motor to replace the one in my wife's Yukon that was on it's way out. While taking it apart I noticed that her's as well had some scorch marks on it as well. It is a very easy inexpensive thing to replace but left neglected could be a major issue.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend on my Chevrolet 3500 my AC suddenly stopped working. I took the panel off and checked the harness....came back on. While I was starting to put everything back together I noticed the smell of burning wires and started to see smoke. I pulled the wiring harness off, pulled the resistor out and it had started to melt. I went and bought a new one for the dually and a new blower motor to replace the one in my wife's Yukon that was on it's way out. While taking it apart I noticed that her's as well had some scorch marks on it as well. It is a very easy inexpensive thing to replace but left neglected could be a major issue.

Anybody have a write up on this? I need to change mine because my AC doesnt work on settings 1 and 2, only the higher blower works.

JAToro78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a somewhat similiar problem, I have a 01 Yukon SLT compact 3 row with rear air. Yesterday, I had my mechanics check my freon level and he said it was good, it was taking long to cool. Later that day the a/c in front cut off but rear was still blowing cold air. It may a have happened momentarily in the past but this time it was a gruesome 45 min drive home. And a block from the driveway it kicks on. Summers almost over but I don't want to suffer in the last das of it. Any ideas, I was thinking the climate control up front. My Mech owns a Chevy 3500 around same year, thinking of swapping to see results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364