??? for guys on air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeticulousFab

Reaction score
Anyone know if a standard 1500 chevy lower control arm would fit on the burbans? It has an area for the bags and would just have to build an upper mount, raise the upper control arms and flip them, and fix the caster... I am mounting dual 4" exhaust pipes on both sides with a custom side skirt so I dont need to lay solid frame, I will get pics soon so you don't flameon me for the idea its done classy.... Just an idea...

MeticulousFab

Reaction score
possible good news... picking up 04 2wd 1500 lower control arms tomorrow. Really just want to see if they will fit for sure, then for what I need and how low I want will make it a hell of a alot easier and cheaper to bag....in theory ha

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
possible good news... picking up 04 2wd 1500 lower control arms tomorrow. Really just want to see if they will fit for sure, then for what I need and how low I want will make it a hell of a alot easier and cheaper to bag....in theory ha

what advantage is this going to give you?????

MeticulousFab

Reaction score
what advantage is this going to give you?????

in theory... ha if they even mount up, a cheaper lower control arm solution with spot for bag cups already. Just need an upper bag mount built then you could be all set, but i'm still going to raise my uppers. again till i get these lowers in my hand this could all just really be a pipe dream... hopefully i'll mock up tomorrow and let you know.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
in theory... ha if they even mount up, a cheaper lower control arm solution with spot for bag cups already. Just need an upper bag mount built then you could be all set, but i'm still going to raise my uppers. again till i get these lowers in my hand this could all just really be a pipe dream... hopefully i'll mock up tomorrow and let you know.

get pictures or i will slap you. lol

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
the cost of the 1500 lower arms would be more than the steel to build a lower mount. you are goin to either buy a torsion bar style bag mount kit for the upper bag mount. which will include lower brackets or buy steel to construct upper mount in which case you should have enough steel for a lower mount..

MeticulousFab

Reaction score
the cost of the 1500 lower arms would be more than the steel to build a lower mount. you are goin to either buy a torsion bar style bag mount kit for the upper bag mount. which will include lower brackets or buy steel to construct upper mount in which case you should have enough steel for a lower mount..

I paid 70 for the pair of lower arms... the upper mount I can sheer and break at my shop in 20 minutes... or plasma it out and Tig weld it all together... Should have maybe 100 into the front setup... I have bags on the shelf, multiple compressors, switchboxes, air line, valves all laying around... I just want to try it out and see. Don't really feel like spending 600 on arms and still have to mod them and raise the uppers or 1200min for a kit to do it...

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
I paid 70 for the pair of lower arms... the upper mount I can sheer and break at my shop in 20 minutes... or plasma it out and Tig weld it all together... Should have maybe 100 into the front setup... I have bags on the shelf, multiple compressors, switchboxes, air line, valves all laying around... I just want to try it out and see. Don't really feel like spending 600 on arms and still have to mod them and raise the uppers or 1200min for a kit to do it...

i still dont understand what your trying to accomplish. if you have a plasma,a sheer, and a metal break. plus can tig weld. you certainly can fab up a lower mount to work with the factory a arm. are you hoping they are narrower? if a 100 is you budget for the front setup i would get this. or build some thing similar. i am not bustin your balls here.i know what its like to be on a tight budget!
http://www.suicidedoors.com/bag-bra...ckets-minitruck/torsion-front-airbag-brackets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM