??? for guys on air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you running for the front? If shockwaves how much travel do they have from ride height to aired out?

and what else are you running on the front? I seen Steve Meade runs djm uppers/lowers and spindles if I understood right.

and anyone whos got air can you give fender heights and tire size

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am going with shockwaves, but i think i will have the shock mounts reinforced at the same time. just weld some plate and gussets. i think in conjunction i will use spindles, djm upper and lower arms for max drop. i dont care how much lift i get as long as its enough to drive on the street and align the tires at ride height.

if any one else has/plans on a different set up that is better, let me know

robb.

Reaction score
u mentioned this kit back in June.........let me know how it works out ..take pix
i had shockwaves on mine..but they were weak and had problems with alignment.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shockwaves suck on these heavy ass trucks.. especially for the price.. i ran a kit similar to the ekstensive one.. djm uppers and lowers and custom fabbed upper bag mounts.. rode like stock at 70% max up on 600psi slam specialties.. and got hammered low with decent extension..

yuck4.jpg

frontup.jpg

OP
OP
I

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it the shockwave or the point of all the weight being focused on a bolt on the lower arm?
That extensive setup looks like the ticket, except... I personally wouldnt want to lose the factory upper mounts for sake of going back stock.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it the shockwave or the point of all the weight being focused on a bolt on the lower arm?
That extensive setup looks like the ticket, except... I personally wouldnt want to lose the factory upper mounts for sake of going back stock.

If you ran this exact kit but ran djm lowers then to go back to stock all you have to do is put your torsion bars back in.. and take the bags out.

robb.

Reaction score
really 70%?...hell i had to fill the shockwaves to almost 90% just to even slightly get the tires level to the ground. or else the negative camber would eat up the inside of the tires. Pretty much i was riding at factory height with the bags to get the smoothes possible ride with out wearin out the tires...... and i had to be very careful when it came to potholes ...
before i went to the bags i had the DJM lower control arms.with the shocks required.......but those things were hell on my suspension ...it kept bottomin out. and after a while bolts n nuts around the truck started to come loose.......overall it just wasnt a very comfortable ride..i hated driving the truck .

ditto on the ekstensive kit and upper mounts...i really dont wanna hack shyt up ....
hackin shyt up in the rear..is fine...but not the front suspension, unless its minor

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the ekstensive kit has lower control arms.. and they are pretty much the same as the djms they just have a bag mount welded on.. which.. is nothing.. the only reason i mentioned the djms is the djs have the socket for the torsion bar in case you decide to go back stock.. but then again i guess you could just worry about that when/if the time comes..

What are you worried about hacking up.. what upper mounts are you refering to? maybe im just retarded right now.. but this kit looks about 99% bolt on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove