Fog retro question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It's those crazy kids from 90210....

Yep, I used to watch that show. Still not on the truck. Temps are up a tad but not hugely. I may get brave here in a bit and go at least start taking out the existing setup.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Got them installed. I'm freezing my ass off at the moment, but will take pics and adjust later tonight (I'm four hours behind you East Coast guys....). We'll see how they look, but initial impression is that I'm not blown away by the output. It may take some getting used to having a controlled beam in the fogs vs. my old, blast light everywhere reflector set up.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Meh.

Considering these are 55w HIDs, I expected more light.

Alright spectators, here you go, a couple of output shots. I'll get some externals of what the lights actually look like in the day time tomorrow:

IMG_0233-1.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I think it's interesting that the flicker at the cutoff is green...it's kind of cool.

Couple of installed shots:

48d95ec9.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Last edited:

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the yellow does look kind of green at some angles, looks cool. Nice work Scott
Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

rippinitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dam they look pretty nice man. looks like you can drive easily with just the fogs on. doesnt look like it has alot of width output from close range. do they?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The outter lens is diffusing the light, quite abit.
When it warms up, might want to try and chrome line those outter housings.

They also 55$ ebays, cant expect TSX or S2k quality from them.

I know your not going to want to do it, but toss a set of 4500's in them and watch how much brighter they are.
Yellow is a very deceiving color for eyeballing lumen output.
Tho they are very bright for what they are bud, dont be dissapointed.

I often finding myself wanting more lumen output from my setup, its just what happens once you go HID and projectors.
you get use to it then question your setup.

It looks really good bud.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
dam they look pretty nice man. looks like you can drive easily with just the fogs on. doesnt look like it has alot of width output from close range. do they?

No, there really isn't that much width to them, which isn't all that surprising given the small size and very compact bowl shape. I would have liked more width, but I'm not shocked it's lacking, either.

The outter lens is diffusing the light, quite abit.
When it warms up, might want to try and chrome line those outter housings.

They also 55$ ebays, cant expect TSX or S2k quality from them.

I know your not going to want to do it, but toss a set of 4500's in them and watch how much brighter they are.
Yellow is a very deceiving color for eyeballing lumen output.
Tho they are very bright for what they are bud, dont be dissapointed.

I often finding myself wanting more lumen output from my setup, its just what happens once you go HID and projectors.
you get use to it then question your setup.

It looks really good bud.

Thanks. I was actually thinking about trying some 4300k bulbs just for comparison. I really wanted to see the 3000k results. I bet you're right, though: I think the light would look much more impressive. All things considered, price of the projectors, etc. it came out looking really good and matches my headlights almost perfectly, and the light isn't horrible. It was worth the effort, but I will always wonder if I should have stuck with the Fusions or gotten Blazers instead. I was having so many issues with the Fusions, though. If I do anything with them in the future I am not going to take them apart at all....I just screwed them up, ultimately.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

That's a little disconcerting; I blurred my license plate in all those pics on photobucket, yet it's showing up for all to see on here. That's messed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia