Fog light color choice for Denali

What color would look better for fog lights to match Denali front end, satin silver or chrome?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I vote for chrome to stay with the OEM look, but I'm obviously in the minority. I'm a big fan of OEM+ for things though. Other option is to use the yellow film over the top, which would be for a perfect fog light anyway. I'm researching the possibility of retrofitting a set of Morimoto Matchbox projectors and using a 3000K bulb. That way I can have them match my headlight retrofit that is being built.

Joe

Yeah seriously considered getting those matchbox for a fog retro but price for these LEDs was far cheaper then full retro kit. I would do 35 watt 5500k bulbs to match my FX-R retro. If you do the matchbox I want to see details pics! Think you would have to do a true retro with cutting the bowls to fit at right depth and fix wiring so they stay on during high beam mode with bi-xenon function active. I wouldn't do yellow since I don't think it would visually flow even thought it would be best in fog. The chrome would match factory style but think the satin silver would pull off well to match the Denali headlights.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do agree the satin silver would be second best. I will definitely be creating a build thread here soon to include my headlight retrofit soon. I'm still trying to figure out what will be best for the fog light retrofit. I'm tempted to go wtih the Matchbox and tune them to have a flat cut off without the step and probably eliminate the bixenon feature as I wouldn't need it. My purpose of going with the 3000K output instead of matching my headlights is due to the extreme fog and snow that we can get here in the PNW. I do a lot of driving up in the mountains during the winter time in the snow and definitely prefer the yellow for that inclement weather. I figure these will be a part time use at most having the RX-350's for my headlights.

I look forward to seeing how yours progresses and the final pics!

Joe

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Just found these chrome Yukon fogs today and apparently just released by FastHeadlights. Morimoto website hasn't been updated to see if produced by them or custom made by FastHeadlights. I'm guessing by the $25 increase over MSRP on black ones that they were made by FastHeadlights.

http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=buy_chrm204_gmc-sierra-xb_fogs

buy_chrm204_gmc-sierra-xb_fogs-2.jpg

78fccb98bcf235738d022e36713b16ae.jpg

So y'all still think silver or do you like the chrome now?

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely like the look of those. I just wish they would come with a 3000K output without having to use a film.

Joe

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Dam. Looks legit!

Yeah that's what I want or silver. The people here still think silver for Denali headlights. Still on the fence for both...

I'm waiting on a price from the shop to see how much chrome would be if owning lights already.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Dude finally got back to me on the chrome pricing if you own the lights already. It's $75 to chrome them. You open them up yourself for that price but they ship off to a third party for chrome. I'm assuming it's a hydro spray method like normal headlights.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just ordered these fog lights from trfs. been a while since i got something for the hoe, it was time loll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz