Fog light color choice for Denali

What color would look better for fog lights to match Denali front end, satin silver or chrome?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I put generic high powered LEDs in the stock Denali fogs and yes brighter than stock halogen but not clean output. Recently bought some of the TRS led fogs designed for correct cut off. Downside is there painted black on the inside. I think the black would look terrible on my Denali front end so I've decided to open the lights up and paint them a new color to better match. I'm stuck deciding between satin silver to match inside pockets of Denali headlights or chrome to match accent portion of Denali headlights. You pick which would look better and vote. Thanks!

Front end for reference
010761B8-8E89-4787-96CD-158E807CDB8B_zps0pxkl7k8.jpg

TRS fogs
uploadfromtaptalk1460487020790-jpg.61469

Denali headlights (notice the satin pockets and chrome accents)
0D17F5E2-23BE-4869-B6CA-D94AED28A7E0_zpsx9fjxuk7.jpg

Ridechevy09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of chrome, but I did a Denalis fog lights a few years back, the guy wanted some custom paint. So I got a Denali stencil made from my local decal shop and painted Denali on the inside of the housing to match the color code of the truck on top of the chrome. I wish I had pics but I dont. It looked good and stood out

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

Ridechevy09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put generic high powered LEDs in the stock Denali fogs and yes brighter than stock halogen but not clean output. Recently bought some of the TRS led fogs designed for correct cut off. Downside is there painted black on the inside. I think the black would look terrible on my Denali front end so I've decided to open the lights up and paint them a new color to better match. I'm stuck deciding between satin silver to match inside pockets of Denali headlights or chrome to match accent portion of Denali headlights. You pick which would look better and vote. Thanks!

Front end for reference
010761B8-8E89-4787-96CD-158E807CDB8B_zps0pxkl7k8.jpg

TRS fogs
uploadfromtaptalk1460487020790-jpg.61469

Denali headlights (notice the satin pockets and chrome accents)
0D17F5E2-23BE-4869-B6CA-D94AED28A7E0_zpsx9fjxuk7.jpg
You metallic blue ice would pop! If you had Denali painted over a chrome housing.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You metallic blue ice would pop! If you had Denali painted over a chrome housing.

I did think about color matching the ice blue metallic on the fogs but decided against it. I think the lighter color would blend in more than pop then couldn't just do fogs and have to open headlights back up to color match them too. Also 1 pint of color is $300 at cost then took me 6 hours of mixing to get 100% match. With all that extra work I think either satin or chrome would match easier and keep the simple OEM concept style.

Ridechevy09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did think about color matching the ice blue metallic on the fogs but decided against it. I think the lighter color would blend in more than pop then couldn't just do fogs and have to open headlights back up to color match them too. Also 1 pint of color is $300 at cost then took me 6 hours of mixing to get 100% match. With all that extra work I think either satin or chrome would match easier and keep the simple OEM concept style.
Well keep the inside housing black, and paint the word Denali inside of it chrome lol that would be quick and easy and cheap. But I think either way it'll look good.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Well keep the inside housing black, and paint the word Denali inside of it chrome lol that would be quick and easy and cheap. But I think either way it'll look good.

That would be the easier way but still don't want black lights with everything else being chrome. Even added chrome tow hooks the other day. Really only reason I got these lights were cause they were used so it didn't cost me as much as new just to tear them apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700