First GM Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranger8996

Reaction score
hello all...I'm a new member ....just purchased my first GM product this week. I had a 2011 Ford F-150 platinum with a 5.0 V8 that was rear ended at totaled two weeks ago. So I just purchased a 2017 Tahoe Premier with 5.3 V8.

I'm sill trying to get used to the switch from Ford to Chevrolet, the one thing I noticed is the dreaded AFM. My Ford did not have AFM. I don't buy my trucks for fuel efficiency I but them to perform as a truck. So I just ordered a Range Technologies AFM disable module. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

Ranger

DLAv8r

Reaction score
I'm on my first GM product too. I had AFM on previous generation Honda Accords and didn't care for it there either. No issues though with 100K miles of ownership.

Got a link to the product? I'd be interested to check it out.

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome, my first GM was a Hummer H2, my 2015 tahoe is my second. lets hope this tahoe isn't as much of a headache as the H2.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFM doesn't bother me. I had the borla exhaust installed and that seemed to deal with the shudder.

I had a range device but it kept throwing up engine lights so I returned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's only dreaded when it doesn't work. Disable or remove it. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the nice ride compared to the Ford!

OP
OP
ranger8996

ranger8996

Reaction score
I took my wife on our first road trip this weekend...to Chagrin Falls, OH...about 1.5 hours away from Pittsburgh. It was a great weekend getaway...great town, great food, weather was perfect and the Tahoe was a joy to cruise around town in.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Welcome. I have one in my 13 hoe. Great.
How long have you had your 2013 taho ?? Ruffly what did you pay ?
Reason I am asking is I seen a taho 2013 as a small used car dealer and stoped to look at it. It looked neat to shit and still wanted $44.000 cent !! I didn't think it was worth any where near that ! And wasn't optioned out very good.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you had your 2013 taho ?? Ruffly what did you pay ?
Reason I am asking is I seen a taho 2013 as a small used car dealer and stoped to look at it. It looked neat to shit and still wanted $44.000 cent !! I didn't think it was worth any where near that ! And wasn't optioned out very good.

44 cent and some ruffles isnt bad for a neat to shit taho!