Finally got my Denali 4x4 with 305/55R20's!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome, hope to see it rolling around H-Town.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic. How's the road noise with those tires?
It rides really very nice. The only time I notice any road noise is with the radio completely off. This rig has so much sound proofing
on it from the factory. If I add some Dynamat under the carpet/behind doors, I'm sure it will be completely eliminated.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It rides really very nice. The only time I notice any road noise is with the radio completely off. This rig has so much sound proofing
on it from the factory. If I add some Dynamat under the carpet/behind doors, I'm sure it will be completely eliminated.

Good to know. I'm sure if I put those kind of tires on my Tahoe I'd hear a bit more road noise as I believe the Denali has more sound proofing materials than the Tahoe but it sounds like it wouldn't be too bad overall. Might have to look into it a bit more as I've like those wheels but hadn't yet found a tire I saw that I liked on them.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I'm sure if I put those kind of tires on my Tahoe I'd hear a bit more road noise as I believe the Denali has more sound proofing materials than the Tahoe but it sounds like it wouldn't be too bad overall. Might have to look into it a bit more as I've like those wheels but hadn't yet found a tire I saw that I liked on them.

What kind of tire are you looking for? AT or a Street tire?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of tire are you looking for? AT or a Street tire?

At this point, really either. I've only now begun the search for a new set of wheels and tires and have come across only a few that I've really liked and thought would look good with my truck. I probably won't actually be buying until at least next year as this year has been expensive enough with the mods I've done up to this point with just a few more on the way currently.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, really either. I've only now begun the search for a new set of wheels and tires and have come across only a few that I've really liked and thought would look good with my truck. I probably won't actually be buying until at least next year as this year has been expensive enough with the mods I've done up to this point with just a few more on the way currently.

I've got to tell you, I've had Goodyear's, BF Goodrich AT KO's, Nitto Terra Grapplers, and Nitto Trail Grapplers on my trucks and Jeep
over the last 15 - 17 years. My favorite for looks are the Nitto Trail Grapplers because they are knarly and tough looking. HOWEVER, since I won't be taking the Denali to the ranch or mudding, I think the next set I put on will be AT type with either a Nitto Terra Grappler 2 or BFG AT KO2. I like the Terra Grappler 2's for their ride and 60,000 Treadwear rating, but in an All-Terrain, I think the wraparound sidewall tread on the BFG KO2's is more rugged looking while still providing a smooth ride for an AT tire. The wraparound sidewalls on the Terra Grapplers(Ver. 1 or 2) are not as pronounced as the BFG AT KO2.

I kept my lifted '08 Nissan Titan crew cab 4x4 with Nitto Terra Grapplers on them. They are excellent tires and ride really quiet as long as you rotate and balance every 5,000 miles. Since it does see days at the ranch, I'll probably put Trail Grapplers on it instead next round.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got to tell you, I've had Goodyear's, BF Goodrich AT KO's, Nitto Terra Grapplers, and Nitto Trail Grapplers on my trucks and Jeep
over the last 15 - 17 years. My favorite for looks are the Nitto Trail Grapplers because they are knarly and tough looking. HOWEVER, since I won't be taking the Denali to the ranch or mudding, I think the next set I put on will be AT type with either a Nitto Terra Grappler 2 or BFG AT KO2. I like the Terra Grappler 2's for their ride and 60,000 Treadwear rating, but in an All-Terrain, I think the wraparound sidewall tread on the BFG KO2's is more rugged looking while still providing a smooth ride for an AT tire. The wraparound sidewalls on the Terra Grapplers(Ver. 1 or 2) are not as pronounced as the BFG AT KO2.

I kept my lifted '08 Nissan Titan crew cab 4x4 with Nitto Terra Grapplers on them. They are excellent tires and ride really quiet as long as you rotate and balance every 5,000 miles. Since it does see days at the ranch, I'll probably put Trail Grapplers on it instead next round.

Good to know and thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz