Finally got my Denali 4x4 with 305/55R20's!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? I just need a reason to look at more pictures of this :headbang:

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? I just need a reason to look at more pictures of this :headbang:
Haha....thanks Tiki :cheers:. Haven't done much since the initial pics, but Black out the window trim, Lamin-X on the tails/3rd brake light, and
add the Suntek clear paint prot. all around. However, the wife recently gave me the Green light on Blacking out the Denali grille...I'm going to have
the grille and the metal strips on the steps and rear deck spray lined Matte Black. Don't think powdercoating will hold up as long against rock chips. Eventually
the only Chrome left will be the headlight and fog light lenses, door handles, and the Denali logos.
full
full

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coming along , nicely

looks bitchin :beer:

other tires that are good - toyo open country all terrain.
i am right about 45k on my f250 & about 1/2 tread

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coming along , nicely
looks bitchin :beer:

other tires that are good - toyo open country all terrain.
i am right about 45k on my f250 & about 1/2 tread

Thanks gat0r, appreciate it.
I love Nittos. This is my 8th set between Trail Grapplers and Terra Grapplers on several trucks I've had over the years, BUT next set
on both of my trucks will be the new Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Nittos wear very evenly, quiet compared to other Muds & AT's and miles always
exceed treadwear ratings.

Dark Star

Reaction score
Haha....thanks Tiki :cheers:. Haven't done much since the initial pics, but Black out the window trim, Lamin-X on the tails/3rd brake light, and
add the Suntek clear paint prot. all around. However, the wife recently gave me the Green light on Blacking out the Denali grille...I'm going to have
the grille and the metal strips on the steps and rear deck spray lined Matte Black. Don't think powdercoating will hold up as long against rock chips. Eventually
the only Chrome left will be the headlight and fog light lenses, door handles, and the Denali logos.
full
full
Nice ride! Looking at a '17 Denali now was thinking black until I saw yours. This is the look I will be going for so take it as a compliment when I post up something similar to yours

Here is a pic of my current ride a '12 Callaway Tahoe. 100k with no major problems looking forward to the next projectIMG_0107.JPGIMG_0108.JPG

caboarder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love the mods. I'm looking to do something similar to mine. Do you have the power running boards? My shop put on a 2" leveling kit and ran into issues with rubbing on the running boards, so want to see if the 2.5" will solve this.

Also, which Borla exhaust did you go with. I am between the touring and s-type. I don't want to be too loud, but I do want to feel like I have the V8.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks caboarder,
The only issue I had with rubbing inside the fender well was when tires were brand new and I took off too fast in reverse at full turn(lock). After only a few times I adapted and have had no further issues.

I got the Borla that the GMC dealerships can all add as a manufacturer accessory, so not sure; but it sounds damn good on startup and stompin’ on it!!

Love the mods. I'm looking to do something similar to mine. Do you have the power running boards? My shop put on a 2" leveling kit and ran into issues with rubbing on the running boards, so want to see if the 2.5" will solve this.

Also, which Borla exhaust did you go with. I am between the touring and s-type. I don't want to be too loud, but I do want to feel like I have the V8.

Dannydevito74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
full
full
What kind of tires are they? Looks awesome!

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dannydevito74,
I currently have the Nitto Trail Grapplers on there and love them, but will be going to the new Nitto Ridge Grapplers for my next set in 15,000 miles.....The Ridges are awesome. I have them on my Big Titan Pro4x. They ride smoother and a little more quietly on the highway, but still have that aggressive look and do well off road.

TG503

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked it up this afternoon! Already stopped at the local Tint World to make appt for Suntek front and sides as well as Lamin-X tails & 3rd brake light. I'll be doing Black PlastiDip on the window Chrome and rear liftgate chrome cap. The chrome on the grille is getting spray lined soon after that!
View attachment 59450
View attachment 59451

Love this look! What is the overall hight of your Denali? I want to do something like this, but my parking garage at work has limited clearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98