Factory radio with aux input (EBay)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first I was going to add an aftermarket HU, subs and speakers but like how the truck sounds so was looking on EBay and a few places take the factory radio refurb them and add a aux input anyone on here ever install one? Just wondering what you think about it if you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonrobinson84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that people had really good luck with using them in corvettes around the same years. I did the mod myself in the vette and it works well.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That link did not work for me?? But .. Windows 10 did an update ... and "now" I'm finding lots of crap that niolonger works???

But as regards "adding" an "Aux" input?? Yes it can be done. Adding an "Aux" input is done on AM tube radios from the 40's all the time by a "handful" of restorers.

I have a 2004 (Denali) with outdated sat nav. I don't know if it has an "Aux" input and I don't want to pull the "HU" to look. What do you have???

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that people had really good luck with using them in corvettes around the same years. I did the mod myself in the vette and it works well.

Thanks for the info, I'd mod mine but some lights are out on it, and they buy the old one back, the Esky has the 6 disc cd changer in the console that should still work right?

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That link did not work for me?? But .. Windows 10 did an update ... and "now" I'm finding lots of crap that niolonger works???

But as regards "adding" an "Aux" input?? Yes it can be done. Adding an "Aux" input is done on AM tube radios from the 40's all the time by a "handful" of restorers.

I have a 2004 (Denali) with outdated sat nav. I don't know if it has an "Aux" input and I don't want to pull the "HU" to look. What do you have???

This is the one I'm looking at http://m.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-03-...ut-10357894-/151876357868?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

They will buy my current one back, the Esky has the CD changer in the console any idea if it would still work? It's an OEM unit I'll be putting in

5dollar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look in to products from pac-audio.com. They will deff have something for that.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one I'm looking at http://m.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-03-...ut-10357894-/151876357868?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

They will buy my current one back, the Esky has the CD changer in the console any idea if it would still work? It's an OEM unit I'll be putting in

Hey the link worked this time! :)
Hmmm it sounds like you have a Single Din Unit ... CD only and that's a Double Din. So if that's the case you'd need other OEM stuff to make it fit properly. And on that unit (the link) Pretty sure they can do that because they tie into the AM/FM circuitry?? It doesn't strike me as very "Plug and Play" if that's the case??

Before you start ordering stuff and taking things apart to "see' if this will work?? It might be a good idea to ask questions at "Car Audio" shops and see if there are simpler and less expensive options available???

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey the link worked this time! :)
Hmmm it sounds like you have a Single Din Unit ... CD only and that's a Double Din. So if that's the case you'd need other OEM stuff to make it fit properly. And on that unit (the link) Pretty sure they can do that because they tie into the AM/FM circuitry?? It doesn't strike me as very "Plug and Play" if that's the case??

Before you start ordering stuff and taking things apart to "see' if this will work?? It might be a good idea to ask questions at "Car Audio" shops and see if there are simpler and less expensive options available???

Na it's a double din like that minus the CD player has a tape deck in it, shopped around a good double din HU is around 200ish then all the harnesses was around 100ish I need a couple, one for to keep the steering wheel buttons, antenna adapter, etc. I'm just trying to get something factory because if I get something else I have that CD changer in the dash pocket but they make no delete pocket so figured I'd try keeping it useable and just add this

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Na it's a double din like that minus the CD player has a tape deck in it, shopped around a good double din HU is around 200ish then all the harnesses was around 100ish I need a couple, one for to keep the steering wheel buttons, antenna adapter, etc. I'm just trying to get something factory because if I get something else I have that CD changer in the dash pocket but they make no delete pocket so figured I'd try keeping it useable and just add this

Oh ... I've not seen that?? And you have a touch screen HU also??? OK for you, yes that unit would be "Plug and Play" and would get audio from your phone without issue.

You could ask them if there are "Aux" jacks on the rear also?? If there are and your "Touch Screen Display" has aux jacks in it on the rear??? That would solve your "Sat Nav" issue nicely!

But I don't know ...me and interior parts ... don't tend to get alone to well. So I'm not willing to pull mine out to see what's back there???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naileddown