Electric water pump...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
retorq

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what you think. Some people may use two fans that could be triggered by different sensor. Sorta like "Too damn hot max cooling required" kinda thing.

At that point you should pull over and figure out what the @&#$ is going on with your cooling system. :hands:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
true but nothing like some back if one does not notice it right away. Hell hook up a warning alarm to it to trigger at very high temps. I would catch it but I always like backup warning and redundancy. Would also like to add a coolant level sensor like the diesels too. To far maybe but if I could I would probably rewire the electrical system to resemble the overhead breaker and switch panel like helicopters have. Yeah buddy.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Hell, just turn it into a non flying space shuttle. Then I would be satisfied.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

And then find myself a flux capacitor.:shocked:

OP
OP
retorq

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LED to put in my wiring setup, I'm going to hook the ground to the temp sender unit in the passenger's head. It should turn on when that sensor grounds turning the fans on ... that visual "Hey your fans are on" hopefully will be enough to alert me to alter my driving habits till the temp is back to normal. :D

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Cool

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

May you could label the light something like"extreme cooling system engaged".:D

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
So i decided to take this to another level...this has now turned into a science experiment/battle etc. :)

I found a company online and they are making me a harness with x2 temp probes and a number of relays that will cycle my fan between low, high & off...the system will be completely automatic. Also, if the fan kicks in high gear, the low setting will auto turn off so I don't burn out the motor.

This morning i ordered the pegasusracing (see prior posts) part that splices the radiator hose and accepts a temp probe.

So, the install is slated for over the weekend!! I also found a few writeups on people that used the 2 speed relay from a Volvo and an audi (2 stage) temp probe.

It's a hell of a lot cheaper, but I need this install completed this wkd and I really don't have time to test and build a system myself...plus I'm horrible with electronics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz