Electric water pump...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Awesome - thank you.

With this kit, is your actual computer still receiving a signal from the temp sensor?

OP
OP
retorq

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes my other two sensors are there and working. There is a temp sensor in the drivers head that runs the gauge, the one in the front of my intake that tells the computer what temp the coolant is at the thermostat (I used my bypass port) and one in my passengers head that turns the fans on when the temp hits 190.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
With the temp sensor you tapped into to run the e-fans...did you splice into the original wire or completely remove the original wire?

Throw any engine codes?

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
It's on the expensive side, but i was thinking of using this harness

http://www.hollisterroad.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MarkVIII

My one question - this comes with two 3/8 temp sensors so I can turn on the low and high, are there two locations I can use on our tahoes? If not, how big of a deal is it to drill the proper sized hole directly into the block? Is there any other way you can think of to rig the second sensor if there isn't a second location I can use?

My goal is to use both the low and high speed part of the fan.

apologies for the questions - this is really throwing me on how to do this!

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
great idea...any idea on the size of the upper radiator hose? (i checked a few sites and they were showing 1.24 ID)
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=5993

Also, can you confirm if our Tahoes use 3/8 temp sensor?

With your idea, i can plug one sensor into the block using the existing hole and the other into this adapter....think it will work?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Not immidiately sure on either front. One hose I just looked at had different dimensions. Head to a part store and have the staff pull from stock for comparison. How well the adapted sensor works depends, if not adjustable, will depend on placement of the adapter. If the temp probe is variable and the controller recognizes that and is settable then your only worry is to make sure you don't install in a way to get a air bubble if even likely. I dont see that happening though. If you were thinking of moving the I/P gauge sender to the adapter I would leave it in the block. Put the fan trigger sensor in the adapter on the upper hose. That would be the technically correct thing to do. if you were using two sensors for fan triggering for what ever reason there are adapters that have two ports.

OP
OP
retorq

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the temp sensor you tapped into to run the e-fans...did you splice into the original wire or completely remove the original wire?

Throw any engine codes?

I have the original gauge temp sensor still in the original location in the drivers head with the original wire. My PCM temp sensor is located in the front of the intake in the Vortec bypass, stock wiring that has been lengthened. I put a temp sensor in the passengers side head that runs up to the OE wiring by the AC and up to the relay which is between the battery and the front shell.

No engine codes.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Dual temp sensors?! You are overthinking this ...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score

Dual temp sensors?! You are overthinking this ...

That is what you think. Some people may use two fans that could be triggered by different sensor. Sorta like "Too damn hot max cooling required" kinda thing. There are other possibilities. I am interested in putting a electric pressure gauge for system pressure. I wild thought I know. When I do efans I will will be using the flexalite controller with a stick probe for radiator unless I could find a more advanced controller with a screw-in probe at which point if I do the pressure gauge too I would need dual ports. One drawback is all the Autometers that would have the right measurement scale have fuel printed on the face plate. Kinda of a bummer for me. Always looking for possibilities.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz