ECM/TCM backup before tuning on in-person event?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello BBP,

I was wondering if a backup could be performed before tuning. Could I have a copy of the backup?
Is the price of in-person tuning based on individual or a bundle of tunings?
Is there list of possible tunings?

I hope my questions make sense to you. Thank you for addressing my concerns.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello BBP,

I was wondering if a backup could be performed before tuning. Could I have a copy of the backup?
Is the price of in-person tuning based on individual or a bundle of tunings?
Is there list of possible tunings?

I hope my questions make sense to you. Thank you for addressing my concerns.
Hello Yong, thanks for contacting us about a tune. If this is for the 2012 Yukon Denali XL we can only tune it in person, or via our AutoCal. If you go with our AutoCal (All tuning is done by email) you will have your stock tune files available to you to revert to stock whenever you need to.

The in person tune is $350, you can purchase an AutoCal at a discount with the in person tune. Performance, towing, fuel economy, are all addressed in one tune. The price covers everything you need as well as free tune updates as long as you own the vehicle.

There is a lot of different changes that can be made with the tune so we do not have a list. The best thing to do is let us know any areas of concern you have, any changes you want to make, modifications, and leave it up to our tuners expertise to tune your application.

Send us an email [email protected] we would be happy to help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. I have signed up for NJ tuning event email list and hope the event date is coming soon.
I want to feel the tunings and have a chance to speak with professionals from your team and see if there is a need for me to purchase AutoCal.
Thank you and look forward to the event.

OP
OP
N

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do a great job Yong, you will have no regrets.

Thank you. I have submit a deposit and look forward to the event. My truck recently acts up in stop-and-go driving. It feels like the truck gets lost in gears.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll want the truck in top form when they tune it as does BlackBear. In fact, they would not/should not tune the truck if something is wrong like that.

How many miles and have you serviced the transmission and transfer case? Any codes come up with a scan tool?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll want the truck in top form when they tune it as does BlackBear. In fact, they would not/should not tune the truck if something is wrong like that.

How many miles and have you serviced the transmission and transfer case? Any codes come up with a scan tool?

everything he said. engine must be running good with no issues. or the tuning wont go well. most places wont waste your or their own time tuning a messed up running set up.

ive sent guys home with a list of crap wrong. some how they dont understand no exhaust leaks....smh

OP
OP
N

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It has 80k miles. Transmission fluid/filter and transfer case fluid were serviced @76k miles. No code came up.
By acting up, I meant the stock shifting pattern is getting more annoying when I drive in a stop-and-go traffic with less patience.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the best parts of the tune in my opinion is how BlackBear adjusted the transmission to make it shift better. And after the tune it just got better too.

OP
OP
N

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's the tune I couldn't wait any longer. AFM is another annoying one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645