Easy HID retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
criffaaa1, I looked back at the pictures of yours, the holes on mine lined up much better than that.

Yeah I contacted him, sent him the pics and he's sending me a new set, its either the plates or the projectors that are off. If these don't line up I'll be contacting trs.

sent from my Crifftastic $3

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He was telling me he did send out some of the older style plates to some people on accident but, he is sending them the new designed ones to fix the mistake. New style should have a slight sliver cutout on left and right side of the plate to house the new projector

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. This is less expensive/easier than I had thought originally. Maybe HID's are in my future...

Thanks for sharing! Looks fantastic.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone make suggestions for ballasts and bulbs? I've heard DDM Tuning 35w are nice, and others saying they are junk.

Morimoto XB35 bulbs and ballasts are the other recommendation? Certainly more expensive (3X) going that route.

I'm planning to be looking @ ~4000k-5000k

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely Morimoto XB35 bulbs regardless... I love mine, they are considerably brighter than any of the other aftermarket bulbs I have run.

Im running their 3five kit in my H1 projectors, and their XB35 bulbs with VVME 55w ballasts on my TL projectors.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your running 35 watt bulbs with 55 watt ballasts?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, their XB35 bulbs are rated to work fine with 55w. and actually on their color temp spec its actually at like 45w or something.

TL projectors with the XB35 bulbs and 55w are freaking awesome.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely Morimoto XB35 bulbs regardless... I love mine, they are considerably brighter than any of the other aftermarket bulbs I have run.

Im running their 3five kit in my H1 projectors, and their XB35 bulbs with VVME 55w ballasts on my TL projectors.

Ok, so the VVME ballasts are for your lows?

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Yea, their XB35 bulbs are rated to work fine with 55w. and actually on their color temp spec its actually at like 45w or something.

TL projectors with the XB35 bulbs and 55w are freaking awesome.

Interesting. I was concerned that 55w would put too much heat in the housing and burn stuff up. I skimmed your quad retro build and it looks like you have no problems. I'll likely run the VVME 55w ballast with xb35's thanks to you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts