Easy HID retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I had ordered their 3five kit a year or so ago for my Mini H1 projectors I was running. I So I kept that whole kit in my mini H1's in the high beam location. I Had the VVME ballasts laying around so I ordered the XB35 bulbs. All 4 are low and high beam.

The only reason Im running 35w on the Mini H1 projectors is because TRS warns that their could be damage to the Mini H1 projector if you run 55w in them.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I had ordered their 3five kit a year or so ago for my Mini H1 projectors I was running. I So I kept that whole kit in my mini H1's in the high beam location. I Had the VVME ballasts laying around so I ordered the XB35 bulbs. All 4 are low and high beam.

The only reason Im running 35w on the Mini H1 projectors is because TRS warns that their could be damage to the Mini H1 projector if you run 55w in them.
AH ok. So I should be concerned with that.

F3 Fast Brights, VVME, and Generic TRS 35w ballasts are in the running atm

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tapped my solenoid wires into the high beam wires, but that will work too.

I plan to install mine this way. A little solder and heat shrink action works wonders.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Wow. Had no idea you could do that. Cool.

Apparently from what I have read on HIdplanet there is nearly no difference between running "55w" HID bulbs with 55w ballasts and running a 35w bulb with 55w ballast.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

envy nixon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any chance that there are still some adapters floating around? i need a pair for the morimoto 6.0!

jerryrig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any chance that there are still some adapters floating around? i need a pair for the morimoto 6.0!

I just joined the site, but I have been lurking around for a few years. But has anyone got an answer of where to buy these adapter plates?

I want to do this mod to my 03 Denali, but can't find anybody that makes the adapter plate....

Any help is greatly appreciated

Booyahzman

Reaction score
I just joined the site, but I have been lurking around for a few years. But has anyone got an answer of where to buy these adapter plates?

I want to do this mod to my 03 Denali, but can't find anybody that makes the adapter plate....

Any help is greatly appreciated
I recently purchased mine from a member on the HIDPlanet forums by the name of Thedrummer. Good luck, this is an amazing upgrade to any headlight!

Sent from Tapatalk Mobile, please excuse any auto-correct errors.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jerryrig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased mine from a member on the HIDPlanet forums by the name of Thedrummer. Good luck, this is an amazing upgrade to any headlight!

Sent from Tapatalk Mobile, please excuse any auto-correct errors.

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10