Dropped my Z71 'Hoe on a 3/5 with 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
So, I finally sold my lift and tires to Matt here on the forum! What did I do to it now you ask? Well, here we go.

I removed my keys and spacers and installed a DJM 3/5 lowering kit and put on Matt's old 22" AVE's on 305/45r22. It handles amazingly and love how it looks. Best of all my fuel mileage went from 12mpg to 18.5mpg by ditching the 33's.

Before:

46c6114e.gif

6ace74e9.gif

photo-2-1.gif

After:

6ceee979.gif

3e173bdb.gif

Because I'm getting better fuel mileage, She's no longer going up for-sale and plan to keep her for quite a while.

7d27c288.gif

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow you gained that much in MPG? wow. BTW that OBS blue tahoe does it have a whiplash kit on it?

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cheers: , man congrats on the mpg increase. Now I know I have a problem with mine cause my fuel meter on the way back showed I was getting the exact same mileage that I was getting with the 22''s, 11mpg in town and 15.5mpg freeway no matter what with the terra grapplers. Thanks again for the swap and key install.

by the way I noticed now I have your truck in my sig avatar, I got to get some updated pics tomorrow, haha

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man..... looked better lifted IMO

as long as you like the results is all that matters though!

OP
OP
DaRosa218

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
wow you gained that much in MPG? wow. BTW that OBS blue tahoe does it have a whiplash kit on it?

Well, after looking at a few things I noticed that one of my o2 sensors had a torn wire but was hanging in just barely. I replaced it and I think that was what gave me a mpg increase. As for the blue Tahoe, it has a 10" whiplash suspension on 36" Iroc super-Swampers.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice man! A gain in MPG and it looks killer being dropped back down! :)

:waytogo:

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after looking at a few things I noticed that one of my o2 sensors had a torn wire but was hanging in just barely. I replaced it and I think that was what gave me a mpg increase. As for the blue Tahoe, it has a 10" whiplash suspension on 36" Iroc super-Swampers.

hmmmm did you buy that tahoe like that? I rembember seeing it for sale for the longest time.

1badss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's what I am talking about. Just got me a 05 Z-71 that I have the same thing planned for. Nice, very nice!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts