DRL and headlight both stay on???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this topic b4 I've searched but kind find it can some please give me the link or just tell me how to make both lights stay on at the dame time

OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man that's what I was looking for... So according to that mod if I run a diode from my DRL fuse to my low beams fuse both lights will stay on when I turn my low beams on and during the day the DRL will come on by itself????

Tahoe06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how it works. But you need to make sure you connect to the "trigger" on the DRLs so that it works. I don't know which one that is, but someone asks the same question in that thread, so it might be answered there. (I didn't read the whole thread)

Also, I don't know the street laws off the top of my head, but I would make sure that it is legal to have 4 lights on for lows in your state. The DRLs may not be bright, but a cop may not care if it's illegal. Just my $0.02

OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.. Now during the day when the drl is running the low shouldn't turn on since I'm using a diode or would it ??

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to run your diode from the drl to the low beam if you want them to stay on. The 4-HI mod is for high beams.

OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I run my drl to my low beam will the drl sti come on by itself during the day????

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you wanting your high and low beams on together or your drl and lows on together, if drl and lows i would assume both would just be running all the time day or night

OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured I don't want both the drl an low beams to come on during the day just drl an at night both dtl an Low wish there was a way cause I wanted to do drl 3k hid an low 8khid it will look nice at night if I can find a way to do it

Tahoe06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a look at my fuse box today and see if I can figure out where the diode would go to trigger the drl to come on when the lows are on. However, remember the housings for the drl are not really directional and putting HIDs in there will probably produce a lot of light going everywhere. Not to mention the housing isn't made for HID so you will need to watch for melting also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz