DRL and headlight both stay on???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ tahoe great advice neva thought of that well then mayb some hyper yellow drl bulbs I like that yellow an blue look kinda like honda guys have

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, equal wattage HIDS have a lower temperature than halogens.

The solution to what you want to do with the DRLs and low beams is this:

Hardwire the DRLs directly to the low beams, with an inline diode. You should only have to do one side for it to apply to both. Just consider the possibility of getting pulled over for "driving with your brights on" (even though you're not).

Devilmk4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing back from the dead anybody figure this out? I jumped a wire from drl to hdlp on 85 and they stay on all the time. Anybody know how to just get the drl to turn on during the day? My drl don't turn on at all without this mod. I just want to have them on just not my headlights aswell in the day too.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing back from the dead anybody figure this out? I jumped a wire from drl to hdlp on 85 and they stay on all the time. Anybody know how to just get the drl to turn on during the day? My drl don't turn on at all without this mod. I just want to have them on just not my headlights aswell in the day too.
Interesting. On my 2006 my DRLs come on during the day when I put my truck in gear. I ran an in-line diode from my lowbeam relay in the Underhoodfuse panel to the DRL relay which also has an LED strip wired in. 85-85. So now my DRLs come on at night when the lowbeam engages. But my lowbeam does not come on during the day unless I engage them. It’s super easy. I’ll snap a pic when I can to show you.

Devilmk4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks please i don't know why they headlights stay on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans