Downside to installing the Corvette Servo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ruv my servo, had it in for about 6 months now and noticed no downsides.

Well, except it took me and my buddy a day and an 18 rack to get it right, i had the last piston on backwards...

Rossimon13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
fyi oregon performance wanted 35 dollars shipping on the web site, but i ordered it for 20 with free shipping from oregon but on eBay.

Im sure the 35 dollars is a mistake and I was going to call them tomorrow, but then I found it on eBay

Rpprvnce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had my corvette servo, boost valve bored out to .6700 and drilled all the way through, and accumulator replaced.. I love it!! Definately a good upgrade!!

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
im dam glad i found this thread. im about to order a servo. thanks to everybody posting info on it.

brassknucklemafia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had mine put in when i had my trans rebuilt. tranny shop did it. i only paid 10$ extra. love it.
GM doesnt do this from factory for a simply reason, not for cost, because we all know the servo is not expensive, but rather for comfort. its like this, most people who buy the trucks like we have want them to drive and handle like a sofa.

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at your heat shield. If it's connected to your exhaust hangers (like mine is), then let's just say it'll probably add some time to your project.

...I've heard it took one guy twice as long to pull the shield and reinstall it than it did to change the servo. (He also has a 2003 Yukon Denali.)

I just ordered one myself, although after reading this I'm not too happy... :mad3:

UGA Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of a vette servo, until I looked at this thread. It is making me pretty interested in purchasing one. Everybody says it makes the transmission shift harder, but how much harder? My truck mainly gets used for riding around town with the family. Is it going to make it that much of a bad drive that my family is going to hate it or will they even really notice it?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Barely noticeable until you really stand on it. A tune will allow for quite a bit of adjustment in the shifting as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan