Downside to installing the Corvette Servo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really isn't that hard of a shift. I put a 'Vette servo in my tranny when I had to have it rebuilt a year ago. I also put a Superior shift kit in it, didn't think I needed the kick of the Transgo kit. You can definitely tell the 1-2 shift is firmer, but it doesn't bang in gear. I also have a BB tune, nothing too aggressive, was going for more efficient performance but yeah, it is funner to drive now too. Anyway, it will firm it up but with all that it still doesn't knock me back in my seat. Go for it.

thejstar

Reaction score
my diablo tuner offers shift firmness and quickness adjustments, any suggestions or experience with these adjustments to guide me to a decent shift improvement? or should i forego the "software" shift manipulation and go with the aforementioned servo?

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
install any different on the 4L80E for the nali's?

Denalis don't come with the 4L80E to the best of my knowledge, I'm pretty sure they have the same 4L60E as the rest of the line. The 4L65E at the most.

To answer your question, yes, the vette servo will fit. The 60E and 65E are pretty much identical except for some beefier internals.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my diablo tuner offers shift firmness and quickness adjustments, any suggestions or experience with these adjustments to guide me to a decent shift improvement? or should i forego the "software" shift manipulation and go with the aforementioned servo?

^^^ x2, my superchips flashpaq has the shift firmness and shift pressure settings also.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denalis don't come with the 4L80E to the best of my knowledge, I'm pretty sure they have the same 4L60E as the rest of the line. The 4L65E at the most.

To answer your question, yes, the vette servo will fit. The 60E and 65E are pretty much identical except for some beefier internals.

Correct all half tons come with a version of the 4l60e. Denalis and Escalades come with 4l65e which is a little bit stronger internally. The vortec Max trucks come with a 4l70e which is even stronger but they are all the same case just different internals.

heftylefty58

Reaction score
install any different on the nali's?

Take a look at your heat shield. If it's connected to your exhaust hangers (like mine is), then let's just say it'll probably add some time to your project.

...I've heard it took one guy twice as long to pull the shield and reinstall it than it did to change the servo. (He also has a 2003 Yukon Denali.)

Last edited:

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweeeeet... just what i wanted to here... more work for me haha... well i appreciate that you guys set me straight on what tranny i had... thanks guys

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct all half tons come with a version of the 4l60e. Denalis and Escalades come with 4l65e which is a little bit stronger internally. The vortec Max trucks come with a 4l70e which is even stronger but they are all the same case just different internals.
slight correction, 4L80e.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
lol @ shifts like danica patrick on the rag. 4L65Es come with a 5 pinion planetary but they're still aluminum piles of crap for anything 100+hp over stock. Awd helps on these trucks too. I've been camping on my vette servo for a minute, keep forgetting to borrow the install tool from my buddy at the dealer. I've never heard of any adverse effects from installing the servo tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512