Donovandavis's 2003 Yukon Denali build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
donovandavis

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick looking truck! Pretty bitchin to have one @ just 16! Back then I was rollin in my 1999 Camry xle hahaha. Miss that car. Everyone tells me how odd/funny it is that I'm a single 23 year old rollin in a Denali XL. I just smile and laugh. Your truck looks excellently clean for that many miles. A little over a year ago when I was looking for one before I found mine all the trucks here in socal for sale with that many miles looked like total crap. You got a nice score man!
Thanks! Yeah it was a pretty good deal looking back on it. I try my best to keep it clean.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. Mine's also a black Denali on 805s

What did you do for HID fog light conversion? Not having much luck finding more info on that.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Sweet ass ride at 16. I had a 92 Celica GT coupe with 200k on it. Got the chicks but man, what a *************.

OP
OP
donovandavis

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. Mine's also a black Denali on 805s

What did you do for HID fog light conversion? Not having much luck finding more info on that.
Awesome! It's pretty simple, it's the same as the headlights if you've done them.. Get a bulb #880 hid kit and its plug and play from there.. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
donovandavis

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a update.. It's been a while. Some pics with the retro heads and a different color emblem, as well as a fresh polish compound/wax.
043e20e8f10869e07c22e605376cc2c2.jpg
1c776e542fa408b5c2c386222b3275e3.jpg3075538964cfc99ce0831632392cdd61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the look of your grille color matched but the honeycomb left chrome. I want to do that so bad to my truck but none of my local body shops will even do it. They just say oh it's too much work for nothing cuz it's just gonna peel anyways. Well not with how well I maintain my truck and keep things waxed. Ugh.

OP
OP
donovandavis

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the look of your grille color matched but the honeycomb left chrome. I want to do that so bad to my truck but none of my local body shops will even do it. They just say oh it's too much work for nothing cuz it's just gonna peel anyways. Well not with how well I maintain my truck and keep things waxed. Ugh.
Thanks! I had a few shops say that as well. As long as it's prepped correctly it'll be fine.. I daily my truck and its usually never this clean, granted I do keep it waxed, absolutely no problems with peeling fading or even rock chips on the grille.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076