Do I have cracked exhaust manifolds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I would appreciate it if someone else would go out and check their 5.3 exhaust manifolds. On both sides, I have cracks or slits in the top part, I didn't check the underside. On both sides, the most forward and the most rearward bolt holes are solid. The other 3, in between each cylinder, on each side have a crack or factory slit going upwards from the bolts. The gaps are not consistent in size and, from just glancing at them, are not exactly regular.

Thanks.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate it if someone else would go out and check their 5.3 exhaust manifolds. On both sides, I have cracks or slits in the top part, I didn't check the underside. On both sides, the most forward and the most rearward bolt holes are solid. The other 3, in between each cylinder, on each side have a crack or factory slit going upwards from the bolts. The gaps are not consistent in size and, from just glancing at them, are not exactly regular.

I can get pics if needed but it's pretty self-explanatory.

Thanks.
Pics of yours?

Will be easier to compare and then we can not answer you and take care if ours that may or may not be cracked....;)

I forgot, noticed it months ago on the yuk, mine has it too so no sweat bud.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics are in edited post #1.

Thanks.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics of yours?

Will be easier to compare and then we can not answer you and take care if ours that may or may not be cracked....;)

I forgot, noticed it months ago on the yuk, mine has it too so no sweat bud.

Yep. The cracks keep them from cracking while expanding and contracting.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019