Denali Wireless armrest charging pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Denali and use the wireless charging pad every time I am in the truck. I was going to get a 5.5 inch phone yet it will not fit in the charger which is a non starter for me.

Is the 2016 Denali wireless charger in the armrest the same as the 2015?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is this done and what does it look like afterwards

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anzir

Reaction score
I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + with the 5.7" screen. There is one specific position to place it on the pad for the charging to work. No modification needed.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + with the 5.7" screen. There is one specific position to place it on the pad for the charging to work. No modification needed.

I have a note 5 and fits without any case on it but can't get wireless to work. All I get is the lightning bolt to show up on the Denali screen for about 10 seconds then disappear. the phone never shows the charging icon.
What is the specific position?

Anzir

Reaction score
I have a note 5 and fits without any case on it but can't get wireless to work. All I get is the lightning bolt to show up on the Denali screen for about 10 seconds then disappear. the phone never shows the charging icon.
What is the specific position?
I rest the bottom of the phone on the rubber stop, so it sits at a slight slope. The phone beeps, the lightning bolt shows up on the Denali's screen and it's good to go. It won't work in any other position. The phone JUST fits width-wise in the cradle. It's not the fastest charging (20% in an hour) but it works.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rest the bottom of the phone on the rubber stop, so it sits at a slight slope. The phone beeps, the lightning bolt shows up on the Denali's screen and it's good to go. It won't work in any other position. The phone JUST fits width-wise in the cradle. It's not the fastest charging (20% in an hour) but it works.

Well I tried it in the same position as yours.. The truck screen only shows the lighting bolt for a second or 2 then off. I moved the phone all over the place and no go. The phone fits perfect in the area too so that sucks. I'll ask the service department next time I take it in for service.

hamd1719

Reaction score
Note 5 fits perfectly without cover it's the only 5+ phone that fits

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Well I tried it in the same position as yours.. The truck screen only shows the lighting bolt for a second or 2 then off. I moved the phone all over the place and no go. The phone fits perfect in the area too so that sucks. I'll ask the service department next time I take it in for service.

I've not had any luck with my Note 5 charging either. I'll test some other devices (GS6 edge +, GS6, GS6 edge) tomorrow and confirm my findings.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
I've not had any luck with my Note 5 charging either. I'll test some other devices (GS6 edge +, GS6, GS6 edge) tomorrow and confirm my findings.
Just a quick update...

The GS6 flat and GS6 edge charge with normal operation on the mat. The GS6 edge + and the Note 5 both try initiating the charging however, it appears the device is just large enough that it doesn't rest completely against the pad thus hindering the charge from continuing. I get the green lightning bolt on the Denali's display but nothing from those two devices. Seems like the Denali initiates the charge but the device doesn't acknowledge so it stops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebuilttahoe03