Debadged and now I have a problem along with an irritated wife

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always get as much off with a bit of heat and my fingernails and use meguires cleaner wax (any cleaner wax will work). Never had a problem getting that stuff off.

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fishing string, pinstripe eraser, and any sort of rubbing compound...then wash and wax. it may still show up a bit depending on how long it has been attached to the vehicle. nothing a good buffing can't take care of though.

x3 on the dinner and a movie!

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried goo gone on 4 different vehicles and it has never worked for me. It wouldnt even get the slight adhesive from a sticker off of my beer fridge!! 3M eraser wheels are the **** but i personally have never used one, only seen it used. I have heard paint nightmares about guys not knowing how to use them and going thru the clear. So be careful if you use it. I took mine to a body shop it was luckily free for me but would have only ran like $80 to do and no time or hassle. Looked awesome when they were done.

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3m adhesive remover works great and they sell it at autozone. Just don't let it get on the plastic parts.

nelsduramax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
x2 on the 3M adhesive remover.
Used it on the XL when I removed all the badging and moulding.
Used a meguiars pure polish after to remove any discoloring.
Finished up with zaino.

rosendo192000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed my side moldings on my Black Tahoe to replace them with escalades chrome ones today and I had the same issue. After GooGone, soap and water , GooGone again , glass cleaner ( invisible glass) , Rubbing compound , swirl remover , polish , glaze, and wax my doors were and are look like new ! Even better . It's removable just put some elbow grease into it :)

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoops let me revise the goo-gone is great statement I had to work alot of elbow grease to get it off didn't just come right off

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoops let me revise the goo-gone is great statement I had to work alot of elbow grease to get it off didn't just come right off

Tis why using the eraser wheel is the only way to go!!! MUCH less elbow grease and not nearly as time consuming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy