Damaged Autoride Shock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Autoride shock thread.....last night I was replacing the rear brakes on my relatively new to me 2007 Yukon Denali, with 194k on the clock. I noticed the torn rubber on the shocks last night in the pic below. Its the same on both sides. Is the rubber part that is torn part of the air bladder for the autoride shocks, or is this just part of a dust shield?

20180327_203932.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
That is your air bladder. You need new shocks and depending on how long they have been like that you may need a new compressor as well.

OP
OP
nadthomas

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is your air bladder. You need new shocks and depending on how long they have been like that you may need a new compressor as well.

Based on some additional reading I have been doing that is what I was expecting to hear on both accounts. Thanks for confirming.

I guess its time to convert, and drop this thing. If my wife let me.....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep total blow out, if you can't get wife approval, the replacement autoride arnott's are around $164 each plus a $50 refundable core on rockauto

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep total blow out, if you can't get wife approval, the replacement autoride arnott's are around $164 each plus a $50 refundable core on rockauto

This is what I did, could not tell the difference between the auto ride shock ride and the arnott ride on the rear, other than it got smoother! I have almost 2 years on my arnott replacement compressor as well.

Silent D

Reaction score
This is what I did, could not tell the difference between the auto ride shock ride and the arnott ride on the rear, other than it got smoother! I have almost 2 years on my arnott replacement compressor as well.

Just noticed my bladders are blown as well. With the Arnott ride do you lose the auto level when towing? I tow a boat a lot and would like that feature.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just noticed my bladders are blown as well. With the Arnott ride do you lose the auto level when towing? I tow a boat a lot and would like that feature.
armott sell's 2 different versions, they sell a oem replacement which is there redesign for air ride and your ride works just like stock, they also sell a air ride delete version which is a then a standard shock and you no longer have the auto level feature.

Silent D

Reaction score
@Doubeleive, I was also looking into Suncore and noticed they have OEM Remanufactured Z55 autoride shocks for $105 ($80 after core). Are these worth getting? I'm pretty sure I'll have to replace the compressor as well by this point. What else might have to be replaced? Can I replace the autoride shocks and compressor without having a Tech2 or similar device?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of suncore, perhaps someone else here has, but if you get the arnott's thru rockauto they will have a lifetime warranty and the shocks and compressor if needed are all plug n play, no scanner or any kind of reset needed.

Silent D

Reaction score
I have not heard of suncore, perhaps someone else here has, but if you get the arnott's thru rockauto they will have a lifetime warranty and the shocks and compressor if needed are all plug n play, no scanner or any kind of reset needed.
Thanks, I'll check them out though rock auto.