Front shock bottom mount ( replace rubber bushing ? )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After replacing my front shocks, we found the left- bottom rubber bushing, attached to the A-arm, is cracked. The shock must be moving because of the bad bushing.... How is it replaced?? ( 2005 Yukon XL - 4WD )

Attachments

• L : F shock.jpg
    L : F shock.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 7
  • L : F Lower shock mount.jpg
    L : F Lower shock mount.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 7
  • L : F shock mount grommet cracked.jpg
    L : F shock mount grommet cracked.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
look for shock mount bushing - Moog has them. a bit of a pain. remove the shock, and get a bushing press in there to remove and install. I think you will have to experiment a bit. I've not done this, but I'm now going to look at mine this weekend

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
look for shock mount bushing - Moog has them. a bit of a pain. remove the shock, and get a bushing press in there to remove and install. I think you will have to experiment a bit. I've not done this, but I'm now going to look at mine this weekend
Thanks..... I am not noticing any issues, because of the bad bushing, ...Maybe the problem is slight? Maybe it might seem better when it is replaced? Hard to tell, but I don't like worn out stuff.

Thanks for reminding me about Moog.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks..... I am not noticing any issues, because of the bad bushing, ...Maybe the problem is slight? Maybe it might seem better when it is replaced? Hard to tell, but I don't like worn out stuff.

Thanks for reminding me about Moog.
Looks like the Oreilly's supply chain is about empty. Moog K6724 But Walmart offers them at 18.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas