On-Star Module Dead on 2023 suburban - 9 months back-ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out my on-star module is dead over a month ago - had been wondering why the clock was 10 minutes slow and navigation and compass no longer worked.

Dealership placed order for a new one but after calling back today to see what the ETA is, he admitted he's had these things on order for 9 months for other customers so likely months away.

Manually setting the clock still results in it losing several minutes each week. My 2008 Honda Accord keeps time better than this $80k lug.

Do I have any recourse with GM given this flaw hits such fundamental functions (clock, compass, nav, emergency assistance)?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could attempt a call w/ GM and advise that if the parts are that far backordered, maybe they escalate and get you one from the factory ... or you "consider invoking your state's Lemon Law to facilitate a buyback and purchase of a new one." They clearly have parts, as they are manufacturing vehicles every day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660