Dead Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My Tahoe has been sitting for a few days, so I decided to use it today. Up until this point the cluster has been fine. I start the truck and the gauges are completely dead. The PRNDL and mileage displays work, all the lights come on and off just fine, just the gauges are dead. I tried banging on the dash--just in case--nothing. BTW--This is an Esky cluster that's been rebuilt maybe 5-6 years ago. 20210318_124514.jpg
I've checked dash related fuses and they're all good. Anyone have any idea what I could be missing?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe has been sitting for a few days, so I decided to use it today. Up until this point the cluster has been fine. I start the truck and the gauges are completely dead. The PRNDL and mileage displays work, all the lights come on and off just fine, just the gauges are dead. I tried banging on the dash--just in case--nothing. BTW--This is an Esky cluster that's been rebuilt maybe 5-6 years ago. View attachment 415825
I've checked dash related fuses and they're all good. Anyone have any idea what I could be missing?
check the battery ground wire, wire brush it and put it back on

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it I started it--all gauges worked. So I'd say it's an intermittent issue.
I suspect bad ground or connection or cold solder joints. I would emove the cluster, clean connectors and check for corrosion.

I hate mistakes like that. How nice are broken springs, worn brake pads or leaky radiators... You know where the problem is, replace it and you're back on the road.

Good luck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts