Custom box REPLACE FACTORY location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm the one who started and didn't finish lol. You can get volume out of that space. I think I figured around 1 cu.ft sealed. Problem was I'm a bass head at heart lol. I quickly realized I wasn't going to get the output I wanted from that setup.

For a bolt in on burbs and xl's. You still have the jl stealthbox. 2 forms. One for the full center console and another for the jump seat.

You could probably get .5 or so by making a full mdf box. Doubtful you could get any more than that without fiberglass.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's when I started my fiberglass box

Attachments

• IMG_20150515_183752.jpg
    IMG_20150515_183752.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I make another it will be save oversized as the one I have now but I will glass for speed and maximizes air space

02Greenz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice job on your box!! I have a question about your components though. I'm old school and have had Mb Quarts in the past. Since they are becoming so hard to find, I've been thinking about going with the German Maestro. What series Maestro are you running, SV, EV, CS, etc. and where did you purchase them? If I decide to go with Maestro, I will be using a orion 225 hcca (digital reference)to power them.

nastety92

Reaction score
That is a nice box that you built. Any idea on the cubic feet you have inside the box? I'm thinking of building my own box in that same space and I'm trying to find a sub that will work with the small air space and my amp.

Thanks,
Nick

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need to go with a flat series sub wither a JL or a Pioneer as you do not have much depth to work with.

nastety92

Reaction score
Thank you. Do you know which pioneer you used or that you recommend? I think they make a few that are shallow depth. Any idea on cubic space in your box?