Creaking driver side rear...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only occurs at VERY slow (parking lot) speeds. Can hear it when braking/coming to a stop. Shop can hear it but cannot identify. Says they think it might be the leather of the seats rubbing together because they cant hear it on the outside of the vehicle...

Any ideas?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was the inside panel covering the rear liftgate. I would not trust the dealer. I had someone else drive and I rode in the back to isolate the noise. Good luck as noises will drive you crazy.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was the inside panel covering the rear liftgate. I would not trust the dealer. I had someone else drive and I rode in the back to isolate the noise. Good luck as noises will drive you crazy.

No kidding. There is a creak/rubbing noise in between the driver door and the dash that drives me nuts and a new rattle right above my head near the sunroof. Ugh. 25K miles.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. When I first got my 2015 me and silicone spray were best friends.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be failing plastic trim on doors or failing suspension part if it's when braking and turning. Seat leather doesn't start making noise at certain mileage intervals last I checked.

Last edited:

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the rear plastic on my lift gate replaced for the same reason. Dealer said it sounded like something was messed up. They ordered new parts and replaced it. No more noise. I also thought it was the suspension.

*** WARNING *** I got a chance to talk to the tech that worked on my truck. Was telling him I wanted him to leave it off and let me install it so i can check for speaker mods etc...but the dealer couldn't do it. If you pull the panels off the lift gate yourself, make sure you already ordered the replacement panel poppers. Tech says the new poppers are one time use only. Its a terrible design but its super cheap and efficient. I would make sure you pre-order the poppers before you pull off the panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907