Cranked keys. How do my Suspension angles look?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richs1

Reaction score
I don’t want the rear higher, just want the front to be about 37.5” or 38”
With my stock keys cranked all the way, I was about 1/4 inch lower in the front. Looked level but if you measured it, you would get different numbers. I would just crank the Stocks up to where you want it and leave it. Make sure you get it lined up.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So I just did a complete overall of my suspension & steering components, including Moog front end parts, Bilstien 5100’s front and rear, cognito pitman/idler braces, and also had the mechanic crank the stock keys a bit. It’s not completely level, but I’m now sitting at 37” in front & 38 1/4” in the rear, looks much better, but definitely feels stiffer (not sure if I like the ride yet). Hard to tell if it’s from cranking the keys, or if it’s the Bilstien 5100’s & a combo of everything being brand new underneath. My truck has 263k miles, so my suspension was definitely worn prior to this. Anyway, how do my suspension angles look? Should I be worried about premature wear on my components, or bottoming out on the frame stop? There is definitely still a decent little gap between the Uca & the frame.

View attachment 193738 View attachment 193739 View attachment 193740 View attachment 193741 View attachment 193742

Give it a little break in time. It'll all soften up a bit as you work it for a bit. Angles look fine, you could probably get a little more out of it without ill effect. How do the jounce stops look?

OP
OP
Epik

Epik

Reaction score
Give it a little break in time. It'll all soften up a bit as you work it for a bit. Angles look fine, you could probably get a little more out of it without ill effect. How do the jounce stops look?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I’m slowly getting used to it. I think what killed me, I took a 200+ mike drive on the worst highway in Northern California the day after I got it done, and I wasn’t used to the former ride yet. Hopefully I get used to it.

The jounce stops were the only thing I didn’t change, as they were still good. But I do notice they aren’t touching the LCA anymore, since it’s cranked. Aren’t they supposed to touch?

7A5A00B3-F906-462E-BCF9-4DECCC52A8E2.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. I’m slowly getting used to it. I think what killed me, I took a 200+ mike drive on the worst highway in Northern California the day after I got it done, and I wasn’t used to the former ride yet. Hopefully I get used to it.

The jounce stops were the only thing I didn’t change, as they were still good. But I do notice they aren’t touching the LCA anymore, since it’s cranked. Aren’t they supposed to touch?

View attachment 193790

Yes, they are. There are some taller ones available, or you can put pancake bumpers on the lca to bridge the gap.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Where can I get the taller ones?

I forgot you have a z71. Yours might be as tall as they get already. There is a sets looks like a beehive, but I'm not sure if they're taller. Search "jounce stops" and a couple threads will come up.

OP
OP
Epik

Epik

Reaction score
So yeah, either it’s starting to break in, or I’m getting more used to it, because the ride quality is starting to feel a little better to me.