2013 Z71 Suburban for Overlanding - tire/suspension input request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall 008

Reaction score
As many will say and myself included. Don’t go cheap on suspension. I installed the 5100’s with the Moogs and didn’t care for them. The ride was good but was limited. If your going to add stuff in the future then lay the foundation now.
I ended up going with Fox 2.5’s adjustable coil overs, Dirt King UCA’s, and custom made rear lift springs to accommodate additional weight for rear tire carrier, roof rack, etc. I would first try to figure out what your long term goals are. That way you might not have to do things twice.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I second the above. I’ve had 5100s on all my previous trucks and been happy but on my Tahoe not so much I run icons because I got them for a deal but kings are supposed to the top notch foxs are good also. The coil overs and upper control arms will make the biggest difference and going from normal extended control arms to uniballs with more travel definitely helped the ride quality and handing.
My setup is fairly simple
Dirt king fab locking alignment cams
Fabtech uniball uca
Cut the bump stops
Icon 2.0 coil overs
Kryptonite wheel bearing and lower ball joint and sway bar links
I’m lifted around 8” though
The rear is just a simple adjustable panhard Bar to center the rearend and trailing arm drop brackets

Last edited:

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I have longer travel King suspension on mine just over 10 inches of travel running 35's ground clearance is very good and ride quality is great..

Project Workshop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the front Fox 2.0’s with a new UCA are a great option to get you out there. I’ve really enjoyed my setup, but depending on your driving/terrain you may be looking for a set of 2.5’s like I find myself now.

Depending on the weight you added or plan to add in the rear you may deal with sag even with lift springs. I came across these Dobinson rear springs at Baseline Overland that I’m hoping will solve the sag.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your build!

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's ours. Don't need to do all of this to get out there and enjoy it. I would recommend a 2-2.5" front lift and upper control arms to correct the ball joint angle, a decent rear shock, and I'm a fan of the dobinsons 2" lift springs. I changed to the constant load option with the addition of the rear bumper and weight pushing the weight of the spare back etc.
Happy to answer any questions. We specialize in outfitting suburbans.

Here is our suspension setup:
· Icon 2.5 Coil Overs at 2.5" lift front (71555c) [reservoirs w/ compression adjusters]
· Icon 2.0 rear shocks (76526)
· Cognito Upper Control Arms
· Napa Extended Travel CV Axles
· Moog Hubs
· Kryptonite Upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends.
· Dobinson 2" lift 660-880 lb. constant load rear springs (C09-037)
· Air Lift helper bags (60913 for Dobinson springs)
· SDE magneride and autoride delete shockdeletes.com
You can find my full build list on this forum or here.
IMG_7517.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo