Cragar Wheel Decisions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time making a purchase decision, been sitting on it for 3 months... I like both the Soft 8 and the Black D Window wheels from Cragar.
Soft 8 - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3977860P/?rtype=10
Black D Window - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3427860P/?rtype=10
My Tahoe - (see avatar for now)
Purchase size would be 16x8 and I would be getting the chrome center caps and lugs to go with.

The Soft 8's are so cool, but so many aftermarket wheels use a circle in the design, it's gettign to be a bit of a turnoff. The Black D window is has a completely different look, kind of retro.

Anyone have pics of either of these wheels on a 2dr in Dark Blue Metallic?

Other thougths and comments are welcome.

MWNT

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Sunlit officially approves of black d's. they are getting done when suspension is fixed and will be accompanied by a TPMS already on hand.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like them both but IMHO i think the blackwidows look "jeepish" ive seen so many jeeps on the trail with them , it just doesnt "look" as tuff or rugged on a full size rig.maybe its just me , im not saying they look bad by no means but the circle design appears more aggressive . i would go for the soft 8s but i know what you mean about the design being overused.

turk

Reaction score
I like the wheels on chrisau's truck... extended cab. I think those would look great on a tahoe.

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, now it starts to get complicated!

donyukon, I totally know what you are saying, and you nailed that jeepish thought with me. Better words than I came up with.

ChrisAU, Thanks for the link, realizing I could get the same thing for less is always a good thing. You also threw a new thought out there, black center caps like your ride, or chrome like I was originally thinking. ( I guess I could get chrome and just paint them, or cover with Elec tape(lol) just to see how it would look(regardless or the wheel style)

I personally see the Black D's as more of a rally style wheel. The square-ish design I think bode's well with the OBS body style/body lines. My wife likes both, none more than the other so she has not been a great sounding board. She says just get what you like, it's your baby, I just drive it like I stole it!!! If I didn't just buy a house and started work on a new deck, I would buy both sets, but I gotta be frugal right now.

I'm shooting for a 16" rim so it fits the current tires, not really planning on changing the 265's right now. But I will be going for some TerraGrappler's in the fall, so that should round out the aggressive looks. (a few min later...) after re-reading I am still leaning 60/40 towards the Soft 8's... arggggh

Any other thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

HDRock1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moviewithnotitle
Is that stock paint ? If so what is the paint code ?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess in the end go with your gut either is a good choice now make a damn decsion buy them and post pics lol :hands:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i use the soft 8 for winter, but i dont have a 2door

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the D style like I have are a more rugged look, like it belongs off-road, while soft 8's are for the street.

One thing to keep in mind is that steel wheels are much heavier than aluminum and can be much harder to keep balanced. This will probably make me go to aluminum wheels in the future if I am ever able to actually drive my truck a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fstrtd666