Considering radio upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year and is it AWD or 2WD? The 2012 and later GMCs have an updated navigation radio as well. I looked in the manual for my 2009 and see that they had a remote, I do not have rear DVD players in my truck but do have them in our Pontiac Montanas and they both have remotes that look the same. They work while moving, I reckon that your rug rats are still too small to do it themselves?

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Oh sorry it is a 2012 AWD. The kids could do it, easier than the wife tbh. Just don’t have a remote that works for it. I could buy one a lot cheaper than a new radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run your VIN over at GMPartsDirect and see which remote you should get and then check ebay or amazon or GMPD.

So the 2012 brochure says your mpg is 13 city and 18 highway and having all that stuff up top just killed it. It would be more efficient to get one of those trays that attached to your hitch and keep the stuff behind you. I think even the plastic boxes that go on top still come with a hefty mpg penalty.

That's an L94 in your truck. One of the fellas on here has one like yours and it runs in the 13s at the track. I posted a video of it a week or so ago on here.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the help! I do actually have a hitch cargo carrier too. Used the roof this time because I thought it would be easier to get the dog (80 lb German Shepherd) I. The back without the hitch in the way. I knew it would effect gas some but wow. I will remember that. Might get a carrier that swings out of the way...

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Ok found the remote on Amazon. It looks different than mine. Funny thing Amazon thinks my remote I got for the Acadia also works with my Yukon.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Anytime! Sometimes it's just gonna cost us to haul stuff around!
Yeah and even at the crappy MPG, it was still worth the ride difference from the Acadia. After all I didn’t get it for good gas mileage. :)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Acadia's may indeed work. Like I said, the one from my Montana looks just like the one in my Yukon's manual. They're probably all the same, I remember now that I bought headphones from a Yukon for my Montana way back when; all worked fine.

At least you can send it back if not right.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
I did try the one for the Acadia before we left and I couldn’t get it to work. Changed the batteries just Incase they were dead. Still didn’t work. I couldn’t find anything in the manual about getting the remote to work, syncing ect.. it appears like it either works, or it doesn’t no syncing or programming.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I think on these things, while they look the same on the outside, the channels or frequencies are different so two cars parked next to each other won't interfere with the other.