Considering radio upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
I checked my remote on gmpartsdirect, and they also say it works for my Yukon. The remote I used for the Acadia is part number 19132011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went down that 7hr road from vegas to Stockton, pulled that stock radio out and put in the pioneer, all I could hear all the time was the nav dvd "spin" spin" spin", couldn't stream Bluetooth, couldn't use waze with the system, Bluetooth system sounded like I was 10 feet down a hallway. I guess I'm spoiled I've been using android auto since day one and the factory system was a few steps backwards.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Last edited:

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we took out Yukon on our first trip about 6 hours. It drove great! Gas mileage sucked more than I expected, but had stuff strapped to the roof and drove into the wind got 12.5 mpg average. I was hoping closer to 15. I ran into some frustration with the stock dvd/nav unit. Enough that I am considering a swap. I am thinking about getting one of the Kenwood DNX693S units. Right now the biggest issue was my wife was not able to control the dvd movie for the kids in the back while driving. Any time she needed to do anything it had to wait until the car was in park. Some of the dvd movies have 10 mins of previews that can’t be skipped. So the factory radio lead to upset kids, frustrated wife, and me who was about the through the movies away. I want to make sure I can keep my stock backup camera and rear entertainment controls. It looks like I can with that kenwood and the correct adapters. Anything else to look for or consider? Any way to bypass the dvd lockout without spending over $200 for the gmlockpick? Thanks

I’ll sell you my lock pick for $125 shipped to wherever you are. It works perfect and has served me well for years. I just upgraded from an ‘08 to ‘16 so I no longer need it.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
I’ll sell you my lock pick for $125 shipped to wherever you are. It works perfect and has served me well for years. I just upgraded from an ‘08 to ‘16 so I no longer need it.

Thanks for the offer, I will definitely think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter