Cold Air Intake (CAI) on 2013 6.2L - worth doing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LurkingLuke

Reaction score
I've long been skeptical of CAIs and what sound/performance benefits they give, if any. I'm uninterested in bling, I'm going for pure performance-related gains.

I like a deeper intake sound and some street-RPM power gains would be very welcome. What have all your experiences been like on the 6.2?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No noticeable gains as the factory air cleaner is already the truest "cold air" intake.
You'd benefit a bit from a better air filter itself.
As far as decluttering and making a bit more noise the MIT tube thing good for that,
just don't expect any HP gains

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the KN blackhawk makes it sound nice, I wouldn't be too concerned with temperature, normally mine is maybe 10-15 deg warmer than ambient or less when driving, idling it can get warmer but your up north? anyway, you'll be fine. The goal is sound anyway....

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
OK...that is cool.
Kinda want one now. :gr_grin:
I’ve heard a lot of good things on using the airraid MIT tube with the stock “box” as stated above any open cold air intake will actually suck hotter air then the factory in closed box.some company’s make sealed off intake box’s maybe corsa is one? I can’t remember. I’ve ran the cheap spectre ones from advance auto and I got a k&n on my Tahoe and a k&n on my Silverado and I’ve never had any problems out of them!
But again if you can find a closed box intake or even just using the stock box with a k&n drop in filter with the air raid tube has been proven to make great gains

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard a lot of good things on using the airraid MIT tube with the stock “box” as stated above any open cold air intake will actually suck hotter air then the factory in closed box.some company’s make sealed off intake box’s maybe corsa is one? I can’t remember. I’ve ran the cheap spectre ones from advance auto and I got a k&n on my Tahoe and a k&n on my Silverado and I’ve never had any problems out of them!
But again if you can find a closed box intake or even just using the stock box with a k&n drop in filter with the air raid tube has been proven to make great gains

Thanks! I appreciate the insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts