clicking noise coming from the relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all of a sudden in my truck im hearing the clicking sound like the turn signals are activated constantly. it goes in and out. turn signals work fine as well as hazards but it just clicks like if they are on. anyone kno what would cause this?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Try removing fuses #2. and #4. Does the problem go away?

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

does the clicking sound stay gone if you remove the flasher unit?

OP
OP
stuntmanray385

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try removing fuses #2. and #4. Does the problem go away?

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

does the clicking sound stay gone if you remove the flasher unit?

yea when i remove the flasher it stops. if i put my hand on the flasher relay i can feel it clicking. what are fuses 2 and 4 connect to?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Your multi switch is broken. About $200 for a acdelco unit. And you will slightly dissemble your steering column to do it. There are contacts in the switch that control power to that flasher.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

#2-4 were for the 4x4 system. Sometimes a malfunctioning transfer case or shift motor can make the t-case computer go into a relay frenzy and kill you battery. Just wanted to check.

OP
OP
stuntmanray385

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your multi switch is broken. About $200 for a acdelco unit. And you will slightly dissemble your steering column to do it. There are contacts in the switch that control power to that flasher.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

#2-4 were for the 4x4 system. Sometimes a malfunctioning transfer case or shift motor can make the t-case computer go into a relay frenzy and kill you battery. Just wanted to check.

yea it not constant. it goes in and out..that sucks...so how long do i have til my turn signals go out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo